sync gateway crashing

James Norman

Sep 15, 2014, 4:42:18 PM9/15/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
I've experienced a few crashes to the sync gateway, I think it's ok now but here's the logs and a description of what I think was causing it.

I was running CB Mobile for android 1.0 and was running into a few cursor allocation exceptions, they seemed to be occurring if I was updating while in a live view of the data that was being updated.  This was resolved with 1.02 fortunately and I haven't seed the cursor allocation exception since then.

If there was a crash due to the cursor exception and I restarted the client it looks like the client was crashing the sync gateway trying to sync the data from the crash, the crash must have left it in a very bad state.  This sync operation from the client did however crash the sync gateway until I cleared the local cache.

I've attached the console output from the crash.  This on a ubuntu amazon server with the latest sync gateway.

-james
synccrash.txt

Jens Alfke

Sep 15, 2014, 7:03:28 PM9/15/14

On Sep 15, 2014, at 1:42 PM, James Norman <james....@gmail.com> wrote:

I've experienced a few crashes to the sync gateway, I think it's ok now but here's the logs and a description of what I think was causing it.

Thanks for the report. Could you please file it in the issue tracker for Sync Gateway?
You don't need to include the entire log, just through the backtrace of the first goroutine (the one that crashed).

—Jens

Dominique Legault

Sep 16, 2014, 11:46:52 AM9/16/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
I have experienced similar issues with sync gateway on aws cloud. The issue for me was the server running out of ram. Ensure you have enough ram to handle the load of the sync gateway and couchdb.