Mac OS X: Sync Gateway remote monitor

parvez....@decurtis.com

May 21, 2018, 2:12:08 PM5/21/18
to Couchbase Mobile
For an iOS project that is having multiple sync replication to different buckets, is it possible to create a mac os x service that monitors all sync gateway replications being used in the iOS project. The Couchbase server is on a remote machine. By having a mac os x service/process/daemon we can monitor all sync gateway replication and can log errors through CBLManager class's logging methods.
Is it possible to create such mac os x service/process/deaemon?

If we opt for mac os x command line tool such that it will take sync-gateway url and its credentials as input and start monitoring for replication, is it possible?

Note: The purpose of this monitor is to be able to see the sync gateway status at any point without running the respective iOS application and checking through logs.

Thanks

Traun Leyden

May 21, 2018, 6:05:43 PM5/21/18
to Couchbase Mobile

Sync Gateway has a REST API, and so if your CLI application has the same Sync Gateway credentials as the iOS app, it can detect when new changes appear on Sync Gateway, which would tell you when you need to open the iOS app to pull new information.

parvez....@decurtis.com

May 22, 2018, 1:48:48 AM5/22/18
to Couchbase Mobile
Thanks for the reply.
Basically I am not interested in changes but instead want to monitor sync gateway replication for errors. Keeping in mind, checking for errors is the motive to create this monitor.

Traun Leyden

May 22, 2018, 1:15:00 PM5/22/18
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
In the Couchbase Lite SDK there is a callback function you can register that will be invoked on replication errors.  Will that work for your use case?

Parvez Qureshi

May 22, 2018, 2:02:15 PM5/22/18
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Replication change progress notification not always fire even when their are errors in sync replication.