Couchbase Lite 1.x (1.4) Documentation Archive Is Gone

Miko Chu

Aug 18, 2020, 12:56:21 PM8/18/20
to Couchbase Mobile
My organization is using Couchbase Lite 1.4 version and we could not longer find the documentation for it.

We are in the process of migrating to 2.x (2.7) latest version but we still need to maintain our old code base that uses 1.4. We really need that documentation.

The archive for 1.x (1.4) is no longer active and redirects me to the latest documentation:

Jens Alfke

Aug 18, 2020, 12:59:35 PM8/18/20
to Couchbase Mobile
I’m not sure why the docs were taken down, but it’s probably because the support period for 1.x has ended. They should still be viewable if you use the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine.

FYI, this list isn’t active anymore. Please use the Couchbase forums instead.

—Jens

Miko Chu

Aug 18, 2020, 5:23:46 PM8/18/20
to Couchbase Mobile
Thank you for responding.

That was a sad news :(((

I will try looking at the Wayback Macine again -- maybe it's just me because every time I look at it only the "table of contents" is available and when I got to specific language implementation (Swift, Java) I get the unfortunately no snapchat found.

Okay I'll try to move to Couchbase forum.

Priya Rajagopal

Aug 18, 2020, 11:10:25 PM8/18/20
to Couchbase Mobile
The documentation has been removed because this version is no longer supported.

(and as Jens mentioned - please use forums.couchbase.com )

-Priya

Miko Chu

Aug 19, 2020, 5:54:39 AM8/19/20
to Couchbase Mobile
Thank you Priya!!! So happy to be able to read the documentation again instead of looking at our old code base for reference!