Issue 12 in mobile-bookmark-bubble: Android Version

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Apr 19, 2011, 10:18:44 AM4/19/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 12 by peterbo...@libero.it: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

Hi, I would like to know if it possible to work for this script also on
Android devices.

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Apr 20, 2011, 9:04:15 AM4/20/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 12 by ntho...@google.com: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

We've talked about adding Android support in the past, but the reason we've
decided against it so far is that it requires several more steps to create
a home screen bookmark on current versions of Android -- more than we could
reasonably fit into a small pop-up bubble. We'll consider adding Android
support if the browser changes to make creating home screen bookmarks
easier. Alternately, if you'd like to write up some text that we could put
in the bubble for Android, we'll consider patching that in. :)

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Apr 20, 2011, 2:46:18 PM4/20/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 12 by peterbo...@libero.it: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

thanks for the reply, but I'm not able to write this code. If I could help
you I'll do it.

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Apr 20, 2011, 2:50:23 PM4/20/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 12 by ntho...@google.com: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean you would need to write the code. You would just
need to decide what it should say inside the bubble. Updating the code is
easy once we've decided what text to put in there.

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Apr 20, 2011, 2:54:25 PM4/20/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 12 by peterbo...@libero.it: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

the text may be this "Save this app on your phone" or something like this.

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Apr 20, 2011, 2:58:31 PM4/20/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 12 by ntho...@google.com: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

We need to provide instructions to the user on _how_ to create the home
screen bookmark, though, just as we currently do for iOS.

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Apr 20, 2011, 3:08:39 PM4/20/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 12 by peterbo...@libero.it: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

sorry for the misunderstanding, tomorrow I'll check the possibility.. thanks

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Jun 24, 2011, 9:20:25 AM6/24/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #7 on issue 12 by florian....@gmail.com: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

I guess you should add this as a text:

English :
-------------------------------------
A shortcut on your home?
- Create a bookmark
- Long press the bookmark
- Select "Add shortcut to home"
-------------------------------------

French :
-------------------------------------
Un raccourci sur l'accueil ?
- Créez un favoris
- Cliquez dessus longuement
- Cliquez sur "Raccourci (page d'accueil)"

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Jun 28, 2011, 2:24:41 AM6/28/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #8 on issue 12 by peterbo...@libero.it: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

thanks for the text, but how can i make bubble work on Android OS (version
2.*) ?

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Jun 28, 2011, 2:58:56 PM6/28/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #9 on issue 12 by florian....@gmail.com: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

It's a webkit, like Safari mobile : should be pretty similar to the current
code. You can try it on google chrome(quick but can't be 100% of the
result) or on an android emulator (better, but slower) if you don't have an
Android device

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Jul 22, 2011, 1:11:58 AM7/22/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #10 on issue 12 by sc...@realorganized.com: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

Here's some instructions:

On an Android device (like a HTC phone, or Samsung Galaxy, Dell Streak
tablet, etc), it’s a two-step process:

• Bookmark the book in the browser by tapping the ✩ icon to the right of
the address bar, then tapping ‘Add…’
• After adding the bookmark, long-press it and tap ‘Add shortcut to Home’
on the menu that shortly appears.

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Aug 15, 2011, 10:10:59 AM8/15/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #11 on issue 12 by davidgri...@gmail.com: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

See attached. You can edit the text it will display to Androids by editing
the text on lines 571/572

Attachments:
bookmark_bubble2.js 19.9 KB

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Aug 16, 2011, 5:45:21 AM8/16/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #12 on issue 12 by peterbo...@libero.it: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

thanks a lot it works perfectly!

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Nov 29, 2011, 4:28:46 PM11/29/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #13 on issue 12 by josts...@gmail.com: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

How does comment 11 fix the issue? The function for isAndroid_() is missing.

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Nov 29, 2011, 4:35:51 PM11/29/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #14 on issue 12 by josts...@gmail.com: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

Can't get the thing to show up on android...

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Jan 27, 2012, 11:28:34 PM1/27/12
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #15 on issue 12 by dougler...@gmail.com: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

This is interesting. This is my first time to use this code repository
system (Google code?) so forgive my ignorance about basic things.

First, it did work. Both on my iPhone 4 and Android. But a few questions if
it is ok (is this the right place to ask?)

1. On the iPhone, the first time it ran, the size of everything was blown
up to about twice the normal size. It's hard to test a "first time" again,
so I was wondering if this is normal behavior.

2 Next to the instruction (e.g. Install this web all on your phone) there
is a white rounded-edge square with nothing in it. Is there supposed to be
something in it? If so, what? The apple-touch-icon itself is there and gets
correctly saved as the icon on the screen, but doesn't appear in that white
square. Is it supposed to?

3. On the Android it also works, but the same rounded-edge white square is
there. Plus, the quote bubble quote tail seems to inappropriately be at the
bottom of the mobile browser screen. It seems on the Android maybe the
quote tail isn't needed?

4. I can't get it to work again on the Android, even after deleting the
home screen icon and all the bookmarks. Any ideas about that?

I'm using this with Jquery Mobile by the way.

Thanks,

doug

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Feb 14, 2012, 1:56:14 AM2/14/12
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #16 on issue 12 by priya_vi...@yahoo.co.in: Android Version
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=12

How to dynamically show the android native menu items("Add shortcut to
home") while displaying the bookmark bubble.

Rustin Lewis

May 6, 2013, 4:15:45 PM5/6/13
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com, codesite...@google.com, mobile-book...@googlecode.com
Do you still have this code and does it work for the current day android

Ty Young

Dec 1, 2013, 10:51:58 PM12/1/13
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com, codesite...@google.com, mobile-book...@googlecode.com
Hi I am looking for assistance on how to add the mobile-bookmark-bubble to a wordpress website. I saw the code, need assistance on where to place in the wordpress website.
Thanks for your assistance.

Ty Young

Dec 1, 2013, 10:52:59 PM12/1/13