Issue 9 in mobile-bookmark-bubble: jQuery mobile problem add to home screen and loading

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Jan 17, 2011, 3:01:47 PM1/17/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 9 by S3BHO...@gmail.com: jQuery mobile problem add to home screen
and loading
http://code.google.com/p/mobile-bookmark-bubble/issues/detail?id=9

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.bug jquery mobile combined with bookmark_bubble when add to homescreen
and loaded the webapp

i click on the icon on the springboard the page loaded and after ... there
is just a blank page.

i use jquery mobile 1.0.2 with the latest revision of bookmark_bubble and
the problem is on a iPhone 4 4.2.1

if i delete these two lines who call the bookmark_bubble script my web app
runs:
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/bookmark_bubble.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/example.js"></script>

and here is my code between <head> </head>
<head>
<link href="pics/logo.png" rel="apple-touch-icon" />
<link href="pics/startup.png" rel="apple-touch-startup-image" />
<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" href="IMG/icon_calendar.png" />
<title></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="themes/default" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="docs/_assets/css/jqm-docs.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="themes/default/accueil.css" />
<script src="js/"></script>
</head>

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Jan 17, 2011, 8:58:48 PM1/17/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Mergedinto: 7

Comment #1 on issue 9 by ntho...@google.com: jQuery mobile problem add to

The example code (in example.js) uses a hash parameter to track when the
user has seen the bookmark bubble. This is known to be incompatible with
jQuery Mobile. This comment in bookmark_bubble.js explains:

* NOTE: Using a hash parameter to track whether the bubble has been shown
* conflicts with the navigation system in jQuery Mobile. If you are using
that
* library, you should implement this function to track the bubble's status
in
* a different way, e.g. using window.localStorage in HTML5.

Try changing the setHashParameter() method on your Bubble object to not
actually modify the hash. Details are given in issue 7.

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Jan 18, 2011, 6:59:54 AM1/18/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 9 by S3BHO...@gmail.com: jQuery mobile problem add to

thanks for the reply i have changed like this:
bubble.setHashParameter = function() {
if (!this.hasHashParameter()) {
window.localStorage += parameter;/* change for works with jquery
mobile*/

and it works !! thanks

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

May 27, 2011, 7:06:30 AM5/27/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 9 by myr...@gmail.com: jQuery mobile problem add to

How is localStorage supposed to replicate the behaviour of the hash
changing? You would change the localStorage in any case and thus never know
whether the user comes from a bookmark or just manually revisits your page.

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

May 28, 2011, 3:04:40 PM5/28/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 9 by ntho...@google.com: jQuery mobile problem add to

You're right, using localStorage instead of the hash does have the
disadvantage that you can't tell if the user came from the bookmark or not.
It does, however, still let you keep track of whether the bubble has been
shown before, in order to avoid annoying users by showing the bubble every
time they come back to your webpage.

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Jun 5, 2011, 9:47:33 PM6/5/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 9 by coop...@gmail.com: jQuery mobile problem add to

Thanks for showing how to fix this, I too was having problems, and know
very little javascript.

So thanks again :)

mobile-book...@googlecode.com

Jul 29, 2011, 6:51:55 AM7/29/11
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 9 by dbrawl...@googlemail.com: jQuery mobile problem

Glad I found this post as it stopped the "Error Loading Page" when the web
app first loads. However it still throws the error message when you use the
close icon.

Any idea how to also stop this?

Thanks, John

Doug Lerner

Feb 26, 2012, 6:54:55 AM2/26/12
to mobile-book...@googlegroups.com, codesite...@google.com
But don't you also have to change the bubble.hasHashParameter function to correctly detect whether the parameter has been added to localStorage or not?

doug

StonerSays

Sep 8, 2015, 12:48:23 PM9/8/15
to Mobile Bookmark Bubble, codesite...@google.com, mobile-book...@googlecode.com
 So, how to implement the mobile bookmark bubble script for blogger? i hope anyone can help me out. thanks in advance