SS7 ERROR on sending concatenated message (failure when sending UDT message)

Armache Antoni

Aug 19, 2020, 11:12:29 PM8/19/20
to mobicents-public

Hello guys,

I have an application that receive (InvokeForwardSM and transfer it to Bparty) everything works well, but our client has 2 network operator:
#Network-A and Network-B# until yesterday was only working with network-A and they was no problem! now they added the traffic from network-b and every-time i receive a long message, my wildfly server crashes with an error related to (failure when sending UDT message). Thus, this error is preventing me to forward (InvokeForwardSM) to Bparty!

So, I have made the tcpdump from the 2 networks and i don't see any differences!!!!!!!

Why am i receiving this error from network-b and network-a is totally working well ?

Is there any way to handle this type of error, i mean by code or by creating a LRM rule on ss7?

Can anyone please give me a hand for this situation, because am about to jump out from my balcony. I have attached the tcpdump for networkA and networkB and the error that is happening in server.

Thanks again.

NetworkOperator-A.pcap
Error.png
NetworkOperator-B.pcap

mbaz...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2020, 6:45:54 AM8/21/20
to mobicents-public
Hi
it seems that you don't get any ack from the network B , at your first invoke. So SMSC respond with an abort ( probably the timer ) .
With network A , the Ack is coming.
maybe you they didn't provisionned the GT of the SMSC , or the address manipulation is wronfg on smsc side
when you discuss with Network A , the GT is 77059077000 and with network B it seems that there's a country code added 44779770400
hope it helps ,
Br
Half

Armache Antoni

Sep 25, 2020, 7:22:19 AM9/25/20
to mobicents-public
Hello guys hope all is well,

on line 9 i am receiving forwardSM(TCAP CONTINUE) and i am forwarding to Operator B as a new dialog (which result tobe TCAP BEGIN).

This entire flow is currently working on with Opearator A !!!!!! but with operator B it is not working!!! Operator B said we should forward the
forwardSM as it is, without creating a new dialog!

So my existing code is like this::::::::

// Create outgoing NEW MAP-Dialog OPTION 1

 outDialog = mapProv.getMAPServiceSms().createNewDialog(eventMT.getMAPDialog().getApplicationContext(),
 ModuleHelper.createLocalAddress(MapRoutingSbb.SCCP_LOCAL_GT,
 Integer.parseInt(MapRoutingSbb.SCCP_OPC)),
 null, ModuleHelper.createRemoteAddress(nnnFromSri, Integer.parseInt(MapRoutingSbb.SCCP_DPC)),
 null);

 outDialog.setNetworkId(Integer.parseInt(MapRoutingSbb.NETWORKID_ROUTING_TO_OPERATOR));
 outDialog.addMtForwardShortMessageRequest(eventMT.getSM_RP_DA(), eventMT.getSM_RP_OA(),
 eventMT.getSM_RP_UI(), eventMT.getMoreMessagesToSend(), eventMT.getExtensionContainer());

  So my new code is like this::::::::

// USING EXISTING MAP-Dialog OPTION 2

outDialog = eventMT.getMAPDialog();
outDialog.setLocalAddress(ModuleHelper.createLocalAddress(MapRoutingSbb.SCCP_LOCAL_GT,
Integer.parseInt(MapRoutingSbb.SCCP_OPC)));
outDialog.setRemoteAddress(ModuleHelper.createRemoteAddress(nnnFromSri, Integer.parseInt(MapRoutingSbb.SCCP_DPC)));
outDialog.setNetworkId(Integer.parseInt(MapRoutingSbb.NETWORKID_ROUTING_TO_OPERATOR));
outDialog.addMtForwardShortMessageRequest(eventMT.getSM_RP_DA(), eventMT.getSM_RP_OA(),
eventMT.getSM_RP_UI(), eventMT.getMoreMessagesToSend(), eventMT.getExtensionContainer());

But this code is always throws an error, does someone knows how to forward a dialog the way it is, without creating a new dialog ?
ss7-problems.pcap