Ken's Lake Ducks

Glenn Kincaid

Oct 28, 2019, 7:16:09 PM10/28/19
to MoabBC

This afternoon I visited Ken’s Lake and counted approximately 620 ducks on the water. Though many were distant, and I was lacking a spotting scope, I was able to positively ID 10 species, plus a couple of Scaup that were too far away to ID to either Greater or Lesser.

Then a Bad Eagle arrived and stirred things up, giving good practice at in-flight duck ID.

If you visit there, a spotting scope would be helpful.

Glenn Kincaid
Castle Valley

Glenn Kincaid

Oct 28, 2019, 7:59:30 PM10/28/19
to MoabBC
That would be a Bald Eagle, but I’m pretty sure the ducks thought it was Bad.

Bonnie Baxter-Clark

Oct 28, 2019, 9:28:54 PM10/28/19
to Glenn Kincaid, MoabBC
I was thinking the same thing! Thanks for sharing about your duck immersion today and the bad Eagle.
Bonnie

Bonnie K. Baxter, Ph.D.
Director, Great Salt Lake Institute
Professor and Chair of Biology
Westminster College
Salt Lake City, Utah

On 10/28/19, 5:59 PM, "Glenn Kincaid" <gl...@gntnz.com> wrote:

CAUTION: This message originated from outside the organization. Please contact Information Services<https://westminstercollege.edu/internal-content/resources-and-services/computer-support> if you have any questions regarding the validity of this email.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/moabbc/8FEAE78F-8D8B-465E-AE44-5BDB878A438F%40gntnz.com.