Yellow-billed Cuckoo in Moab Pack Creek Trail Area

Matt Van Scoyoc

Mar 25, 2020, 8:30:38 PM3/25/20
to moa...@googlegroups.com
All -

 A neighbor thought she saw a yellow-billed cuckoo on the Pack Creek Trail in town, the one that loops between the bike path near Gonzo Inn across Pack Creek and back to the Dreamride. So I was just out there and put my eyes on it (submitted my obs to ebird). It flew across an opening in the Cottonwood trees and I could see the distinct black & white tail coloring and it was calling k-k-k-k as it flew, a pretty descent observation without putting my bins on it. I'm going back out there in the morning to see if I can find it again.

Cheers,
Matt Van Scoyoc