Ubuntu 20 with new MOA

Amir A.

Apr 12, 2021, 11:33:14 PM4/12/21
to MOA users

Hi,

I have been trying to reproduce some results with MOA, namely the LED 24 attribute data-set for drift detection. But the commands are not working in ubuntu 20 with the latest MOA.

For instance after using "weka-dev-3.9.2.jar" instead of "weka.jar" and "sizeofag-1.0.4" instead of "sizeofag" I ran the command"

java -cp .:moa.jar:weka-dev-3.9.2.jar -javaagent:sizeofag-1.0.4.jar moa.DoTask \LearnModel -l HoeffdingTree \-s generators.WaveformGenerator -m 1000000 -O ../../../../model1.moa

now I get:

java.lang.Exception: Class named 'LearnModel' is not an instance of moa.tasks.meta.MetaMainTask.
    at moa.options.ClassOption.cliStringToObject(ClassOption.java:165)
    at moa.DoTask.main(DoTask.java:165)

What I am missing? Is there a step by step tutorial for the new MOA? the Configuration line of the Graphical User Interface is editable and the gui does not translate to the command line parameters easily.

Thanks

Albert Bifet

Apr 12, 2021, 11:44:53 PM4/12/21
to MOA users
Which version of MOA and Java are you using? Can you run MOA using moa.sh?

Cheers, Albert

Amir A.

Apr 13, 2021, 8:26:29 PM4/13/21
to MOA users
Hi,

I believe I am using the latest.
moa-release-2020.12.0
java openjdk 11.0.10 2021-01-19

and yes moa.sh opens the GUI. Maybe you can direct me on how to produce the LED 24 attribute data-set with concept drift through the GUI instead of the command line?

Thanks for the prompt reply

Albert Bifet

Apr 13, 2021, 10:56:39 PM4/13/21
to MOA users
Thanks! Go to the GUI, click on the right button of the mouse in the command line, select "Enter Configuration" and paste this:

LearnModel -l trees.HoeffdingTree -s generators.WaveformGenerator -m 1000000 -O model1.moa

Cheers, Albert