Help to understand the RandomRBFGeneratorEvents stream

Peter Evans

Jun 16, 2020, 1:59:11 AM6/16/20
to MOA users
I am a begginer in MOA and I've got so much confused trying to understand the parameter "speedRange" in RandomRBFGeneratorEvents stream.
"The parameter speed moves the real cluster centres by a predefined distance of 0.01 every X points, and the parameter speedRange, which is the Speed/Velocity point offset"
I really didn't understand the concept of speedRange.
What is "Velocity" in this context?
Can someone explain it to me, please??

Albert Bifet

Jun 16, 2020, 5:22:15 AM6/16/20
to MOA users
speedRange is an optional parameter that can be used if needed, but by default is zero. If used, it adds random speed with a range that is defined by this speedRange parameter.

Cheers, Albert