Can't open moa in NetBeans

Md. Geaur Rahman

Mar 26, 2020, 6:34:55 AM3/26/20
to MOA development
Hi,

I am trying to open MOA-Master at my NetBeans IDE, but it shows some POM related errors as follows:
"Parent POM file is not accessible. ....."
Please see the figure attached herewith.

moa-pom-error.jpg

moa-pom-error2.jpg

I would be grateful if anyone can help to solve this issue.

Regards,
Gea

Peter Reutemann

Mar 26, 2020, 3:49:12 PM3/26/20
to MOA-dev List
> I am trying to open MOA-Master at my NetBeans IDE, but it shows some POM related errors as follows:
> "Parent POM file is not accessible. ....."
> Please see the figure attached herewith.

The pom is still available from Maven Central:
https://search.maven.org/artifact/org.sonatype.oss/oss-parent/7/pom

Looks like your Netbeans is using the wrong URL? The resolved URL
should be (note "repo1" instead of "repo"):
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/sonatype/oss/oss-parent/7/oss-parent-7.pom

Using the "get" goal of the maven-dependency plugin, you can download
artifacts directly (great for testing):
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/get-mojo.html

For the Sonatype OSS pom, you would use the following command-line:
mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.8:get
-Dartifact=org.sonatype.oss:oss-parent:7:pom

I was testing with Maven 3.5.4 on Linux with Java 1.8 and 11.

Maybe you need to update your Maven and/or Netbeans installation?

Cheers, Peter
--
Peter Reutemann
Dept. of Computer Science