Sentiment Analysis of Tweets, Where to find moa.jar with StringOption.class inside

TorstenBM

Dec 8, 2019, 4:13:19 PM12/8/19
to MOA development
Hi guys!

I'm a CS-student interested in machine learning and I am trying to use Moa for sentiment analysis of tweets.

At first I made an arff-file for training containing the attributes text and class and tried to run it through Moa using the GUI and classification-tab, however, it threw errors as it was trying to convert the text attribute to a double.

Then I found out about the moa-tweetreader as found in https://github.com/rohan-viz/moa-tweetreader. I downloaded it and tried to run it but got a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: moa/options/StringOption, and since then I've been searching https://mvnrepository.com/ for a moa.jar-file containing this class, without any luck.

How would you guys recommend that I proceed?

Best wishes,
Torsten

Peter Reutemann

Dec 8, 2019, 4:32:23 PM12/8/19
to MOA-dev List
MOA is a Maven project, there is not a single jar file. You could
download a snapshot of MOA (the zip file):
https://adams.cms.waikato.ac.nz/snapshots/moa/

And then use all the libraries under the "lib" directory as jars in
your project.

BTW The github project that you referenced is very old (last commit
from 7 years ago!) and chances are slim that it will work with a
recent version of MOA.

Cheers, Peter
--
Peter Reutemann
Dept. of Computer Science

TorstenBM

Dec 8, 2019, 5:34:26 PM12/8/19
to MOA development
This https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/nz.ac.waikato.cms.moa/moa/2019.05.0 at least seemed like the "main" jar file of MOA for me, and upon unpacking it I found the options-directory where the StringOption-class was missing, that's why I assumed it got removed in an update and started looking for a older version of that file.

But anyways, thanks for clearing it up!

If I wanted to perform sentiment analysis using "vanilla MOA" as found in https://sourceforge.net/projects/moa-datastream/. How would I go about it?

Best wishes,
Torsten

Peter Reutemann

Dec 8, 2019, 5:45:07 PM12/8/19
to MOA-dev List
> This https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/nz.ac.waikato.cms.moa/moa/2019.05.0 at least seemed like the "main" jar file of MOA for me, and upon unpacking it I found the options-directory where the StringOption-class was missing, that's why I assumed it got removed in an update and started looking for a older version of that file.

That jar contains:
com.github.javacliparser.StringOption

> If I wanted to perform sentiment analysis using "vanilla MOA" as found in https://sourceforge.net/projects/moa-datastream/. How would I go about it?

Unfortunately, I can't help with that. Not really a MOA user and don't
do anything with sentiment analysis either.