Re: Fw: MOA Question

Peter Reutemann

Jul 22, 2019, 5:07:34 PM7/22/19
to MOA-dev List
> I reinstalled the latest version of both eclipse and jdk. and Actually I faced another problem which is this message:
>
> "the selection cannot be launched and there are no recent launches eclipse java"
>
> which is come only with MOA, not ever with any other projects.

I'm not an Eclipse user.

Did you create a new Run configuration for the moa.gui.GUI class (or
any other MOA class)? It seems that Eclipse does not have any
configurations available and therefore doesn't know what to launch
(the reinstall will have wiped all configurations).

Cheers, Peter
--
My Open Source Blog - http://open.fracpete.org

Peter Reutemann

Jul 23, 2019, 5:24:00 PM7/23/19
to MOA-dev List
Please post to the mailing list!

> Unfortunately, until now I couldn't solve the problem.
>
> What I tried, downloaded the latest versu=ion from eclipse and JDK
> the problem is "the selection cannot be launched and there are no recent launches eclipse java"
>
> I tried version from septemper 2018, it came with other problem related with the pom.xml file
>
> I tried to install the maven exec-maven-plugin-1.6.0 and define its variable path .. and change the file to thsi code: "https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/exec-maven-plugin/1.6.0/exec-maven-plugin-1.6.0.pom"
>
> still a problem.
> Really I need to solve the problem. but how? Can you help?
> Thank you for all your trying to help me really I thank you from my deep heart.

Here's what I did:
- downloaded the Eclipse installer
- installed Eclipse IDE for Java (using my default JDK 11)
- started up Eclipse with a new workspace
- selected "import existing project"
- selected the directory with the top-level pom.xml and checked
"Search for nested projects"
- in the "moa" project selected the "GUI.java" class in the "moa.gui"
package and selected "Run as -> Java application"
- MOA starts up, I can run classification tasks and I can execute scripts

NB: I'm running Linux Mint 19.1 64bit.

Rowanda Ahmed

Jul 25, 2019, 6:34:23 AM7/25/19
to MOA development
What kind of confuguration do you mean? can you tell steps to follow? thanks in advance Mr. Peter

Peter Reutemann

Jul 25, 2019, 4:56:36 PM7/25/19
to MOA-dev List
> What kind of confuguration do you mean? can you tell steps to follow? thanks in advance Mr. Peter

When executing "Run as" on a class file with a main method, this
generates a "Run configuration".

Cheers, Peter
--
Peter Reutemann