MOA Error

Rowanda Ahmed

Jul 14, 2019, 10:11:24 AM7/14/19
to MOA development
Hello every one: I have error while running MOA I attached it.
There is an Error in teh file (moa/pom.xml) in the line 137
"
 <execution>
      <id>generate-class-list</id>
      <phase>process-classes</phase>
      <goals>
          <goal>exec</goal>
      </goals>
 </execution>
"
(Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.6.0:exec (execution: generate-class-list, phase: process-classes))

I noticed that it process for the only 1000 points from the entered (5000) and the problem appears and don't complete for the rest 4000 points. 🙁🙁 The error appears befor computing any from the performance metrics.

This is the java I'm using:
jre-8u181-windows-x64,
jdk-8u181-windows-x64

Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.yahoo.labs.samoa.instances.Attribute.value(Attribute.java:167)
at moa.cluster.Clustering.<init>(Clustering.java:61)
at moa.gui.visualization.RunVisualizer.processClusterings(RunVisualizer.java:305)
at moa.gui.visualization.RunVisualizer.runVisual(RunVisualizer.java:270)
at moa.gui.visualization.RunVisualizer.run(RunVisualizer.java:188)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Exception while removing reference.

Best, Rowanda

Peter Reutemann

Jul 14, 2019, 5:40:05 PM7/14/19
to MOA-dev List
> Hello every one: I have error while running MOA I attached it.
> There is an Error in teh file (moa/pom.xml) in the line 137
> "
> <execution>
> <id>generate-class-list</id>
> <phase>process-classes</phase>
> <goals>
> <goal>exec</goal>
> </goals>
> </execution>
> "
> (Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.6.0:exec (execution: generate-class-list, phase: process-classes))

You can ignore that. This is just the Maven plugin for Eclipse being
overly sensitive, it doesn't affect anything.

> I noticed that it process for the only 1000 points from the entered (5000) and the problem appears and don't complete for the rest 4000 points. The error appears befor computing any from the performance metrics.
>
> This is the java I'm using:
> jre-8u181-windows-x64,
> jdk-8u181-windows-x64
>

> Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.NullPointerException
> at com.yahoo.labs.samoa.instances.Attribute.value(Attribute.java:167)
> at moa.cluster.Clustering.<init>(Clustering.java:61)
> at moa.gui.visualization.RunVisualizer.processClusterings(RunVisualizer.java:305)
> at moa.gui.visualization.RunVisualizer.runVisual(RunVisualizer.java:270)
> at moa.gui.visualization.RunVisualizer.run(RunVisualizer.java:188)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> Exception while removing reference.

What code of yours generated this (please post the code)? Or was that
just in the MOA user interface (please post the fully configured
tasks)?

Please note, I'm only familiar with MOA from a software engineering
point of view, I don't use it for anything.

Cheers, Peter
--
Peter Reutemann
Dept. of Computer Science

Rowanda Ahmed

Jul 16, 2019, 4:02:13 AM7/16/19
to MOA development
Hello Mr. Peter
actually, this is what come out whenever I just run the MOA gui.java and choose the tab (Clustering) then I choose for example, ClusTree algorithm from the algorithm's choices, and browse for some dataset.arff. that's all

Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.yahoo.labs.samoa.instances.Attribute.value(Attribute.java:167)
at moa.cluster.Clustering.<init>(Clustering.java:61)
at moa.gui.visualization.RunVisualizer.processClusterings(RunVisualizer.java:305)
at moa.gui.visualization.RunVisualizer.runVisual(RunVisualizer.java:270)
at moa.gui.visualization.RunVisualizer.run(RunVisualizer.java:188)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

hhhh.png

Peter Reutemann

Jul 17, 2019, 10:38:09 PM7/17/19
to MOA-dev List
> actually, this is what come out whenever I just run the MOA gui.java and choose the tab (Clustering) then I choose for example, ClusTree algorithm from the algorithm's choices, and browse for some dataset.arff. that's all
>
> Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.NullPointerException
> at com.yahoo.labs.samoa.instances.Attribute.value(Attribute.java:167)
> at moa.cluster.Clustering.<init>(Clustering.java:61)
> at moa.gui.visualization.RunVisualizer.processClusterings(RunVisualizer.java:305)
> at moa.gui.visualization.RunVisualizer.runVisual(RunVisualizer.java:270)
> at moa.gui.visualization.RunVisualizer.run(RunVisualizer.java:188)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This error occurs if you have a numeric, rather than a nominal class
attribute (visualization only works for nominal classes). We submitted
a fix to improve the error message.

Rowanda Ahmed

Jul 18, 2019, 9:10:30 AM7/18/19
to MOA development
Mr. Peter, thank you for following up with me ,,
but I have this exception at first befor doing anything
just when I run the GUI.java
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.github.fracpete.jshell.JShellPanel.updateButtons(JShellPanel.java:238)
at com.github.fracpete.jshell.JShellPanel.finishInit(JShellPanel.java:217)
at nz.ac.waikato.cms.gui.core.BasePanel.<init>(BasePanel.java:52)
at nz.ac.waikato.cms.gui.core.BasePanel.<init>(BasePanel.java:40)
at com.github.fracpete.jshell.JShellPanel.<init>(JShellPanel.java:67)
at moa.gui.ScriptingTabPanel.<init>(ScriptingTabPanel.java:47)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at moa.gui.GUI.initGUI(GUI.java:64)
at moa.gui.GUI.<init>(GUI.java:46)
at moa.gui.GUI$1.run(GUI.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

Peter Reutemann

Jul 18, 2019, 4:45:15 PM7/18/19
to MOA-dev List
> Mr. Peter, thank you for following up with me ,,
> but I have this exception at first befor doing anything
> just when I run the GUI.java
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at com.github.fracpete.jshell.JShellPanel.updateButtons(JShellPanel.java:238)
> at com.github.fracpete.jshell.JShellPanel.finishInit(JShellPanel.java:217)
> at nz.ac.waikato.cms.gui.core.BasePanel.<init>(BasePanel.java:52)
> at nz.ac.waikato.cms.gui.core.BasePanel.<init>(BasePanel.java:40)
> at com.github.fracpete.jshell.JShellPanel.<init>(JShellPanel.java:67)
> at moa.gui.ScriptingTabPanel.<init>(ScriptingTabPanel.java:47)

[...]

If you look at the stacktrace, line number 238 in the JShellPanel
class in the current code base of MOA is inside the "initGUI()"
method, not the "updateButtons()" method (in IntelliJ IDEA I can just
click on the lines of the stacktrace and jump to the corresponding
source code).

Are you by any chance linking against an old jar or release? Or is
your Eclipse not updating the Maven dependencies correctly?
The version of the jshell-scripting Maven artifact is 0.1.0 for the
current MOA code base. Your stacktrace seems to be using version 0.0.1
instead. Something at your end is wrong.