Graduate Women in Science national conference

Lynda Milne

May 15, 2014, 10:31:24 AM5/15/14
to mnscu...@googlegroups.com, Katherine Whelchel, Faculty Development

Forwarding from Katherine Whelchel of Bio-Link:

The Graduate Women in Science organization is holding its National Conference at the University of Minnesota Coffman Union on Saturday June 28. I am sure there are many faculty who would not only like to attend this important national conference, but also to encourage their students to participate. Meeting the national speakers and women scientists from all over the US will give them a unique networking opportunity!

93rd Annual National Conference

Sigma Delta Epsion – Graduate Women in Science (GWIS)

“United in Friendship through Science for 93 years”

Building Bridges: Practicing Science in the Modern Era

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Great Room, Coffman Union, Minneapolis Campus, University of Minnesota

The Twin Cities Chapter of Sigma Delta Epsilon-Graduate Women in Science (GWIS) is hosting the 93rd Annual National GWIS Conference June 25-28, 2014.  We are actively recruiting corporate, educational, and STEM sponsors for our all-day Saturday symposium entitled “Building Bridges: Practicing Science in the Modern Era” which will be held on June 28, 2014 on the University of Minnesota’s East Bank Minneapolis Campus.  Please see the enclosed sponsorship options and the opportunities it presents your organization with an anticipated attendance of >125 women scientists.

I’ve attached a brief overview of the symposium. There will be opportunities for the participants to visit the vendor and STEM booths throughout the day, but especially during an extended lunch and afternoon break period.

GWIS is a non-profit organization whose mission is to advance the participation and recognition of women in sciences by fostering research through awards, grants and fellowships.  The National SWIS Fellowships endowment exceeds one million dollars and provides research fellowships annually to over 10 deserving young women engaged in scientific research.  More information about the National GWIS organization is available on its website, www.gwis.org, as well as in our newsletter, The Bulletin and our monthly electronic GWIS News.

Today there are approximately 1000 GWIS national members “United in friendship through science” in 19 chapters, including the most recent international chapter.  The Twin Cities Xi chapter is one of the largest chapters with over 100 members.  Its membership consist of a combination of corporate and academic members, graduate students, post-doctoral students and affiliate members, reflecting the strong presence of the biomedical device industry and commitment to higher education thriving in Minnesota.

Xi Chapter provides travel awards for graduate students, research and travel awards for undergraduate students and cash awards to outstanding middle and high school students at the State and Regional Science Fairs.  Monthly programs provide opportunities for networking and a scientific presentation with lively discussion following.  More information about Xi Chapter can be found on its website, www.gwisxi.wordpress.com .

Although the expenses of the meeting will be partially defrayed by registration fees and a small gift from the National GWIS office, we are looking to the STEM community to assist with the out of state speakers’ expenses and speakers’ honoraria.  We would be extremely pleased and grateful to have your organization as a STEM sponsor.  As a Fundraising Committee Member and Xi Chapter member, I look forward to discussing your potential support at any level, but to give you an idea please see the enclosed sponsorship options.

We would be delighted to have additional employees/colleagues attend the GWIS National Meeting and participate in the Exposition.  We would also be pleased to have them attend Xi’s monthly meetings and other activities which are consistently announced on the website.

We hope that you will find the 2014 93rd Annual National GWIS Conference worthy of your sponsorship.  Please feel free to contact Dee McManus at #952-236-9112 or via email at gwi...@mac.com.

Sincerely yours,

Katherine Whelchel, GWIS Planning Committee

Biomedical Advisory committee, Anoka-Ramsey Community College

Project Manager, Bio-Link (www.bio-link.org)

Sponsorship Opportunities

Diamond Level: $10,000 (1) – Premier Conference Sponsor

·       Emcee recognizes your organization as a Premier Sponsor from the podium

·       Sponsor of the luncheon table-tents with your company name/logo at each table and by the food/beverage stations

·       Prominent placement of company name/logo signage throughout venue highlighting your organization as a conference sponsor

·       Up to two tables reserved for your colleagues and clients/customers at the luncheon

·       Company name/logo on Conference and Expo brochure and attendee materials

·       50 word company synopsis in Conference Guide

·       One 8’ table in prime location in the Expo area

·       Company name/logo on promotional materials (e.g. newsletter, email notices, website, posters, etc.)

·       Complimentary admission for up to 4 employees to attend Conference and Banquet

Platinum Level: $5,000 (3) – Session Sponsor

·       Sponsor banner during Session

·       Prominent placement of company name/logo signage at venue

·       Company name/logo on Conference and Expo brochure and attendee materials

·       50 word company synopsis in Conference Guide

·       One 8’ table in prime location in the Expo area

·       Company name/logo on promotional materials (e.g. newsletter, email notices, website, posters, etc.)

·       Complimentary admission for up to 3 employees to attend Conference and Banquet

Gold Level: $3000 (1) – Conference Bag Sponsor

·       Company name/logo on one side of the bag given to all attendees

·       Company name/logo on Conference and Expo brochure and attendee materials

·       50 word company synopsis in Conference Guide

·       One 8’ table in prime location in the Expo area

·       Company name/logo on promotional materials (e.g. newsletter, email notices, website, posters, etc.)

·       Complimentary admission for up to 2 employees to attend Conference and Banquet

Silver Level:  $2000 (1) – Lanyard Sponsor

·       Company name/logo on lanyard given to all attendees

·       Company name/logo on Conference and Expo brochure and attendee materials

·       50 word company synopsis in Conference Guide

·       One 8’ table in prime location in the Expo area

·       Company name/logo on promotional materials (e.g. newsletter, email notices, website, posters, etc.)

·       Complimentary admission for up to 2 employees to attend Conference and Banquet

Copper Level: $1000 (5) – Supporting Conference Sponsor

·       Company name/logo on Conference and Expo brochure and attendee materials

·       50 word company synopsis in Conference Guide

·       One 8’ table in prime location in the Expo area

·       Company name/logo on promotional materials (e.g. newsletter, email notices, website, posters, etc.)

·       Complimentary admission for one employee to attend Conference and Banquet

Exhibitor Booth: $500 (15) – Showcase your organization

·       50 word company synopsis in Conference Guide

·       One 8’ table in prime location in the Expo area

·       Complimentary admission for one employee to attend Conference and Banquet

Exhibitor Booth: $100-Showcase your organization.