September Butterflies

Jerry

Sep 3, 2014, 2:32:15 PM9/3/14
to mn...@googlegroups.com
Hi All!
Labor Day weekend might be over, but not summer, at least judging from the butterflies!  Butterfly viewing is still excellent at some places.  Yesterday I had a very nice count in the Zim-Sax area, with 42 individuals of 11 species.  Most interesting were the red admirals, of which I saw 8, and all seemed very bright-colored and fresh.  Also, I'm glad to report 2 monarch adults and 4 caterpillars.  Others included 8 viceroys, and 8 mourning cloaks, and 1 eastern-tailed blue for variety.  Try not to miss there last days of summer!
Take care,
Jerry McCormick