support for bag in tcerl?

Rickard Cardell

Mar 3, 2009, 8:41:52 AM3/3/09
to mnesiaex-discuss
Hello! I'm trying out mnesiaex and tcerl and I wonder if there are
support for any other storage types than ordered_set? I can create a
tokyocabinet-table as bag or as set, but the data stored in these
tables just disappear. Is it just not implemented yet?

Btw, good work with the recent updates of tcerl and mnesiaex

//RC

Rickard Cardell

Jul 14, 2009, 1:42:01 PM7/14/09
to mnesiaex-discuss
I mailed Paul and I recieved this answer:

Right now just ordered set. I should detect those other conditions
and throw an error however instead of just silently discarding data.

The lower level driver supports the idea of an ordered duplicate bag,
but mapping that onto mnesia's concept of bag some duplicate value
detection on the erlang side and it hasn't been a need I've had to
scratch; plus dets would probably run circles around it since you're
not using the ordered property but you are paying the price for it.

bag = keys can be duplicated, records are unique
duplicate bag = records can be duplicated

ets and dets have the latter (duplicate bag), but mnesia only has the
former (bag).

The real heat would be to support tchdb tables, which would give set
and bag support in a sensible way. Again, not an itch for me at the
moment.

-- p