Phone not syncing with my PC

Alvis Floyd

Dec 15, 2020, 8:49:26 PM12/15/20
to mnemosyne-proj-users
hello i can not sysc my phone. i keep getting a timeout trying to reach the server error. i can type the ip and port number in a browser on my other computers and reach Mnemosyne but i can sysc my phone.

thanks for your help

Peter Bienstman

Dec 16, 2020, 10:24:00 AM12/16/20
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You seem to have tried with the webserver to see if you could access your server from other devices, but did you also try to do the same thing with your browser on your phone? That way, you can check if there's network issues.

Also note that the sync server and the review webserver are two different things that run on different ports. So, make sure that you've actually also enabled the sync server. So, when you want to use the Android app instead of a regular browser, double check that your phone is on the same wifi network as your server, and that you're using the ip number and port of the sync server, not of the webserver.

Cheers,

Peter

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 2:49 AM Alvis Floyd <asfl...@gmail.com> wrote:
hello i can not sysc my phone. i keep getting a timeout trying to reach the server error. i can type the ip and port number in a browser on my other computers and reach Mnemosyne but i can sysc my phone.

thanks for your help

Alvis Floyd

Dec 16, 2020, 10:54:53 AM12/16/20
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hello Peter, your suggestion worked. i was on the wrong wifi. it was confusing because i have a router with 4 wifi channels. i thought if i could connect my phone with any of them i should be able to communicate with my wired network. anyway thanks again i really like this App