Card Types

Roy Slater

Sep 14, 2023, 4:34:40 PM9/14/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
As a fairly new user, it has taken me a while to realize I can use a cloned card type to etup font and colours for specific groups of words.

I was hoping to be able to add some text to a card type as well, thus gaining the ability to create 'templates' for new cards.   But I cannot see any way of approaching this.

Anyone managed to create templates, or similar?

Cheers

Peter Bienstman

Sep 14, 2023, 4:37:24 PM9/14/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
You might want to use the 'notes' field in the vocabulary or sentence card type.

More complex templates are supported too, but you'll need to implement the in small Python plugin.

Cheers,

Peter

Roy Slater

Sep 14, 2023, 11:39:30 PM9/14/23
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Peter

Many thanks for the amazingly fast and helpful response - I had not
thought of the 'notes' field.

One day, I may get to understand what I need to do to implement a
plugin, but for now, I need to concentrate on actually *using*
Mnemosyne to bang some more Italian into my old head. (The reason I am
looking for some sort of 'template' is that Italian is packed with
irregularities and exceptions to its grammar rules - but I want to
have the cards come up in a fairly consistent state, or things get
very untidy and even harder to focus upon).

My own second/third thought had been to create an external file using
a separate editor, then import the data into new cards - but I would
much rather not get into too many different bits of software, and
processes, if I can help it.

I'll try out your suggestions tomorrow. Thanks again.

~roy slater~
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/70e19119-7529-4aae-9b09-e2e45f4df03bn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/CAMdxoPE2HddNzCnhNv4_-PkvEntUFhhFH-rhpbZnQVjPo9RqQw%40mail.gmail.com.

Roy Slater

Sep 15, 2023, 1:32:36 PM9/15/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
That suggestion seems to work just fine - most of the issue resolved.  Now, if only there were a way to stop the creation of sister cards for my cloned card type ...

Peter Bienstman

Sep 15, 2023, 1:34:18 PM9/15/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Just disable the sister card you don't want to study in Activate Cards.

Peter

Roy Slater

Sep 19, 2023, 12:43:08 AM9/19/23
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com