Mnemosyne 2.11 released

Peter Bienstman

Nov 12, 2023, 3:35:24 AM11/12/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
https://mnemosyne-proj.org/download-mnemosyne.php

- Add support for ruby/furigana, i.e '私[わたし]' will render with the
  furigana above the kanji.
- Mnemosyne can now also be installed on top of an existing Python
  installation by doing 'pip install mnemosyne-proj'. This also opens the
  door to an up-to-date install on MacOS.
- Upgrade build system to poetry and test system to Pytest (patch by Ace
  Z. Alba and kuraga).
- Fix more errors in 'Non-latin point size increase' (reported by Hugo
  Coolens).
- Improve icon finding logic (patch by traveller1).
- Fix not remembering last statistics page in some cases (patch by
  Andreas Perstinger).
- Fix rare threading issue in sync server.

Adam M

Nov 18, 2023, 9:22:45 AM11/18/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
*.ogg files still don't play.  However, *.mp3 plays flawlessly.

And, don't know it this is QT's problem or Windows 11, but when I open Menomosyne, maximize the window and close the app, it starts in un-maximized window.

Peter Bienstman

Nov 18, 2023, 10:42:24 AM11/18/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I'm afraid these are Qt issues, sorry...

Peter

Adam M

Nov 18, 2023, 2:07:04 PM11/18/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Pity. I do hope they fix it in the next release.

MAX BAX

Nov 30, 2023, 7:51:50 AM11/30/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
What if you could direct the audio towards VLC player?
&
I have the problem that Audio doesn't play well if I direct it through the HDMI/TV.
It only plays the last sound of a word, unless I play it at 0.25 speed.
This happens in every app, even directly from the Media Player.

But if I could use VLC as the standard audio player for Mnemosyne,
I could setup VLC to play directly to my laptop speakers...

Greetings

Peter Bienstman

Nov 30, 2023, 7:57:23 AM11/30/23
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
In theory that's possible, but it requires a bit of programming. If
you feel comfortable doing that, I could point you in the right
direction.

But perhaps it's better to try and fix the HDMI issue, as then all
your apps will benefit?

Kind regards,

Peter

MAX BAX

Nov 30, 2023, 8:12:36 AM11/30/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I have no up to date relevant experience in programming T_T

I prefer to use the TV speakers plus Soundsystem connected to the TV.
For better sound and less cable mess.
But for short words even my laptop speakers would be fine.
For now I connected the Soundsystem Speakers to my laptop, which obviously also works.
But one can dream ^_^