developer cannot be verified

chaophray

Sep 2, 2021, 8:44:08 PMSep 2
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi, I used to use Mnemosyne a few years back and it worked without issues on my iMac. Then for some reason I deleted the app, but yesterday I redownloaded it.
But after installing the app on my iMac, I am unable to open it. Notification appears saying "Mnemosyne cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verifies. macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware."

The only options form there are "move to bin" or "cancel".

I am currently on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Any ideas on how to resolve this will be appreciated.

Garrison Taylor

Sep 2, 2021, 11:05:27 PMSep 2
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi,

To get around this, you can
1) Attempt to open the app. When it doesn't let you, click "cancel"
2) Open System Preferences
3) Go to the Security & Privacy section
4) Go to the "General" tab, if it is not already open
5) Near the bottom there should be a button to click to open the app. You might need to click the lock icon and enter your username and password first.

After this, you should be able to directly open the app like normal.

This is security that Apple introduced recently, and the only way to get around it is pay for a fairly expensive yearly developers license.

Thanks,
Taylor

chaophray

Sep 3, 2021, 6:06:16 AMSep 3
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Thanks! I did not see this option in the settings; but found another way: find app in Finder, Control+right click on it, select Open then Open again. All good now :)