Problem with playing audio files

Carsten Alexander

Jan 14, 2021, 10:53:36 AM1/14/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi folks,

I have been working with Mnemosyne for several days now and consider it to be a very successful software. It is very easy and intuitive to use. Short training, quick results. In two words: five stars!

But one small problem troubles me. I cannot play audio files in learning mode using the keyboard combination Ctrl + R, even though the audio tag is correct. No error message. No reaction. If Mnemosyne could not find the audio file, it would give an error message when saving the card. So the keyboard combination is not bound, or the call of the audio file somehow goes nowhere. I did not find any setting for an audio program to be used in the configuration. Any advice?

--
Best regards,
Carsten Alexander

Peter Bienstman

Jan 14, 2021, 10:57:06 AM1/14/21
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Glad you like the software!

Normally, audio should start playing automatically, no need to even press Ctrl+R.

I suggest that you make a test card and add audio by right-clicking on an input field and then choosing a different mp3 file than the one you are currently using. That will also make sure that the path is correct.

You can also try playing that audio file in an external player to check if it's valid.

Good luck!

Peter