LaTex doesn't work

이민상

May 27, 2024, 10:15:39 AMMay 27
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I'm experiencing an issue with LaTeX rendering in Mnemosyne on Windows. When trying to use LaTeX formulas in cards, I receive the following error:

20240527_134916.png
When I use <latex></latex> tags in cards, I receive this error message.

However, when using the <$></$> or <$$> </$$>, the card is simply showing "Problem with latex. Are latex and dvipng installed?", despite having MiKTeX installed.

20240527_231130.png

Peter Bienstman

May 27, 2024, 10:18:46 AMMay 27
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Is the latex executable also accessible through your system path? In other words, if you open a command prompt, and type 'latex', do you get a message from pdftex? If not, you need to add it to your path.

Also try with a very simple formula first, e.g <$>a</$>, to avoid that there are problems in your formula itself.

Good luck!

Peter