Methodology to share Mnemosyne cards

Dan Simmons

Apr 13, 2023, 9:26:46 AM4/13/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Good day.

I am a new Mnemosyne user. I am using it to prepare for professional certifications (Example: Secuirity+). I am thankful to have been directed to Mnemosyne by a colleague, and very happy with its functionality.

My current team has other members doing the same thing, and in some cases we are studying for the same certification. In any case I am searching for a way to share cards between team members, and one were we can share and update them.

In the past I was a member of a project development team where the product was a joint development with a team of engineers. As the size of our team and the complexity of the work grew, we utilized a source code control system. First Tortoise SVN and lately Git.

Has anyone stored Mnemosyne cards in a repo and used that as the master source? As with other source code control applications I wish for the ability to create a local working copy, but have the tools to push and merge my updates, and pull those from other users.

I performed a quick search of  the mnemosyne-proj-users group, but didn't see anything that aligned with my question, and hope this is the correct place to pose my question.

Thank you.

Dan Simmons
Jericho, VT USA

Peter Bienstman

Apr 13, 2023, 10:20:58 AM4/13/23
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Exchanging cards is typically done by importing/exporting using the '*.cards" format. This is a zip file, which contains some text files that could be added to a version control system. You would need to add some simple scripts that do the (un)zipping to move from the *.cards files to/from the repository, though.

Cheers,

Peter

Dan Simmons

Apr 24, 2023, 3:35:15 PM4/24/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi,

Thank you for the reply and apologies for the  delay in sending my thanks.

Dan