Words coming back after syncing

Magic Friday

Feb 4, 2022, 8:51:54 AM2/4/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi!
I just did all my today's vocabulary. Afterwards I synced something and after syncing, all my vocabulary returned back as if I hadn't already done it. This was really a lot of work. Do I have to repeat all my work for today or is there a chance I can undo this?

Thank you!

Peter Bienstman

Feb 4, 2022, 9:14:25 AM2/4/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi,

Did you get any sync conflict while you were syncing? It's possible that you opted to keep the copy on the other machine where you didn't do your reviews.

Mnemosyne takes backups before sync, so you could revert to those if you want: https://mnemosyne-proj.org/help/backups.php

Hope this helps,

Peter

Magic Friday

Feb 4, 2022, 10:38:44 AM2/4/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi!
Even after restoring today's earliest backup, there is no difference. Also it seems to be very random when syncing works and when it doesn't. I will do the double work tomorrow which will take me several hours.

Thank you anyway.

Peter Bienstman

Feb 4, 2022, 12:42:16 PM2/4/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Are there more then two devices involved in the sync? Do you get any error messages?

I recommend syncing both before and after your study session.

Cheers,

Peter