[Memory research] Does anyone have the research data?

Karmali Tuji

Dec 16, 2020, 7:14:34 AM12/16/20
to mnemosyne-proj-users

Mnemosyne released the anonymous log data, I am trying to use it to complete my research paper.

I found this download link:https://archive.org/details/20140127MnemosynelogsAll.db

but it is not avaliable now, thus, does anyone have another way to download it?

Thanks:)

Peter Bienstman

Dec 16, 2020, 10:18:02 AM12/16/20
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Sure, I've contacted you off-list.

Cheers,

Peter

Bryan Roque

Jan 29, 2021, 2:32:18 AMJan 29
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi, is it possible for me to get this data as well. It is for a side project. Let me know if this is ok.

Thank you!

Bryan

Peter Bienstman

Jan 29, 2021, 2:34:34 AMJan 29
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been approached by a non-for-profit organisation who's interested in running a data science competition with the Mnemosyne dataset, so rather than doing something ad-hoc now, I suggest waiting a bit to see how things evolve with that initiative.

Cheers,

Peter

Eden Sherry

Jan 30, 2021, 3:26:29 AMJan 30
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Another twist on this -- can you share the *format* of the data? I am interested in collecting similar statistics to compare in the future, but I'm not quite sure what to collect in order to make the dataset comparable.

Peter Bienstman

Jan 30, 2021, 3:28:17 AMJan 30
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

MALCOLM MURDOCK

Feb 6, 2021, 5:09:08 PMFeb 6
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi Peter, I wasn't sure how to contact you off-list. I'm part of a grad school class project team at UCLA and we'd like to use the mnemosyne data for our machine learning class if at all possible (one of our members is studying memorization for a research area). Would it be possible to get the dataset on short notice since the class is running right now? (I know you mentioned you're working on a longer-term release of the data via non-profit)

Thanks a bunch! Please let me know.

Peter Bienstman

Feb 7, 2021, 1:04:40 AMFeb 7
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I'd prefer to give the non-profit the chance first to design their competition...

Kind regards,

Peter

Louie Holbrook

Mar 9, 2021, 3:55:20 AMMar 9
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi Peter,
I am researching spaced repetition for my third year dissertation in the UK and I believe the data would be useful for a model I am creating as part of it. Would you be able to send me a link to the data as well? Everything I'm doing is non-profit and purely for the dissertation paper/project.

Thanks,
Louie

Peter Bienstman

Mar 9, 2021, 4:07:42 AMMar 9
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've signed an agreement with the non-profit, and I would prefer to first give them the chance to set something up. Should it unexpectedly turn out that nothing materialises in a few months, then we can talk again obviously.

Cheers,

Peter

Louie Holbrook

Mar 15, 2021, 8:17:11 AMMar 15
to mnemosyne-proj-users

Ok, thank you for getting back to me. Because my dissertation's deadline is the 7th May it might be too late for me to use at that point, but I'll keep my ears open.

Thanks,
Louie