[Memory research] Does anyone have the research data?

Karmali Tuji

Dec 16, 2020, 7:14:34 AM12/16/20
to mnemosyne-proj-users

Mnemosyne released the anonymous log data, I am trying to use it to complete my research paper.

I found this download link:https://archive.org/details/20140127MnemosynelogsAll.db

but it is not avaliable now, thus, does anyone have another way to download it?

Thanks:)

Peter Bienstman

Dec 16, 2020, 10:18:02 AM12/16/20
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Sure, I've contacted you off-list.

Cheers,

Peter

Bryan Roque

Jan 29, 2021, 2:32:18 AM1/29/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi, is it possible for me to get this data as well. It is for a side project. Let me know if this is ok.

Thank you!

Bryan

Peter Bienstman

Jan 29, 2021, 2:34:34 AM1/29/21
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been approached by a non-for-profit organisation who's interested in running a data science competition with the Mnemosyne dataset, so rather than doing something ad-hoc now, I suggest waiting a bit to see how things evolve with that initiative.

Cheers,

Peter

Eden Sherry

Jan 30, 2021, 3:26:29 AM1/30/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Another twist on this -- can you share the *format* of the data? I am interested in collecting similar statistics to compare in the future, but I'm not quite sure what to collect in order to make the dataset comparable.

Peter Bienstman

Jan 30, 2021, 3:28:17 AM1/30/21
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

MALCOLM MURDOCK

Feb 6, 2021, 5:09:08 PM2/6/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi Peter, I wasn't sure how to contact you off-list. I'm part of a grad school class project team at UCLA and we'd like to use the mnemosyne data for our machine learning class if at all possible (one of our members is studying memorization for a research area). Would it be possible to get the dataset on short notice since the class is running right now? (I know you mentioned you're working on a longer-term release of the data via non-profit)

Thanks a bunch! Please let me know.

Peter Bienstman

Feb 7, 2021, 1:04:40 AM2/7/21
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I'd prefer to give the non-profit the chance first to design their competition...

Kind regards,

Peter

Louie Holbrook

Mar 9, 2021, 3:55:20 AM3/9/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi Peter,
I am researching spaced repetition for my third year dissertation in the UK and I believe the data would be useful for a model I am creating as part of it. Would you be able to send me a link to the data as well? Everything I'm doing is non-profit and purely for the dissertation paper/project.

Thanks,
Louie

Peter Bienstman

Mar 9, 2021, 4:07:42 AM3/9/21
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've signed an agreement with the non-profit, and I would prefer to first give them the chance to set something up. Should it unexpectedly turn out that nothing materialises in a few months, then we can talk again obviously.

Cheers,

Peter

Louie Holbrook

Mar 15, 2021, 8:17:11 AM3/15/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users

Ok, thank you for getting back to me. Because my dissertation's deadline is the 7th May it might be too late for me to use at that point, but I'll keep my ears open.

Thanks,
Louie

Victor Miura

Feb 10, 2022, 2:56:46 PM2/10/22
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Has there been any change in the data availability, or research coming out from the non-profit you mentioned?

Thanks,
Victor

Peter Bienstman

Feb 11, 2022, 8:02:10 AM2/11/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi Victor,

Sadly, after an initial flurry of activity, they stopped responding to my requests for a status update.... Anyway, I've sent you a mail privately about access to the data.

Cheers,

Peter

Pragy Agarwal

Feb 22, 2023, 6:59:07 PM2/22/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hey Peter :)

I've been toying with spacing algorithms for the past few days, and would love to have a look at the data. Can you please send it to me? Thanks.

Has any research been done with this or similar data in the past? Would love to go through existing data-driven literature!

Peter Bienstman

Feb 23, 2023, 12:33:35 AM2/23/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi,

I'll contact you off-list.

Cheers,

Peter

Andrea Zanin

Jun 18, 2023, 10:25:08 AM6/18/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi Peter,

I am a Mathematics student interested in doing research on how LLMs can be used to improve spacing algorithms, in particular to provide a better initialization of the card difficulty. Could you share the dataset with me?

Cheers,
Andrea

Peter Bienstman

Jun 18, 2023, 12:06:57 PM6/18/23
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi,

I'm afraid that at the moment I'm not able to accept more research collaborations or share the data, sorry..

I'll post something on the list when that changes.

Peter