Unable to synch between Windows and Android app

Niet van Toepassing

Jun 14, 2022, 4:11:18 PM6/14/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi,

I am able to synch my cards with the synch utility between two WIndows machines. That indicates that Windows machine is correctly serving the synch utility.

I am however unable to synch my cards with the synch utility from a Windows machine to my Android mobile phone running mnemosyne version 2.6.0-arm64.

Every time I tried I get a connection timed-out error. I tried it when turning off the virus scanner, but that didn't work either.

As work-around I was able to save the cards database to default.db, then to subsequently transfer the default.db file to my mobile phone and finally to import it. But that is quite an elaborate procedure.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Marc

Peter Bienstman

Jun 15, 2022, 8:12:14 AM6/15/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I guess you double-checked the IP address and port? Also the username and password (perhaps your Android keyboard automatically added a space at the end of the password, or capitalised the first letter?) Is there any sort of firewall on your phone? It's also best to try first with the phone on the same network as the server, before you start trying to access the server from outside of your home network.

Hope this helps...

Peter