[macOS users] are you able to test the new Mnemosyne 2.8 build?

de...@callysto.com

May 30, 2022, 3:59:26 PMMay 30
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi all, I'm Devin who typically builds the app for macOS machines. You might have noticed that I've had some issues building Mnemosyne 2.8 with macOS.

At long last, I have something that works on my machine, but I'm looking for testing help from other macOS users to see if the latest build works.

Please note you'll need to be on Big Sur or later for the build to work.

I've posted a build on sourceforge you can try: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mnemosyne-proj/files/mnemosyne/mnemosyne-2.8/Mnemosyne-2.8.dmg/download Both the dmg and the app are newly signed with my (not-trusted-by-Apple) certificate. I think you'll get the typical macOS complaints about security, but I'm curious if the app will actually run if you do all the normal overrides.

If you have an issue - please send me a screenshot of the error message. Even better, if you can open Applications > Utilities > Console after the app crashes and search for "mnemosyne" and see if you can find any error messages, that would be a big help too.

I'm also attaching a security certificate. Once you've verified that it works/doesn't work without the certificate, I'd be interested to hear if the dmg or the app give you any issues after importing the certificate file into your keychain. If this all works, I'll likely post this certificate on the main website.
Devin Howard - Mnemosyne.pem

de...@callysto.com

Jun 20, 2022, 9:28:56 PM (8 days ago) Jun 20
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I haven't heard any feedback. I did get to test on another computer and it didn't go well, but I'm curious if others are having the same issues.

In the meantime, I'll release a 2.9 build but would love to get feedback on this - if it's not working for you, let me know!

Gabrielle Taylor

Jun 20, 2022, 10:32:50 PM (8 days ago) Jun 20
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi Devin,

I just tried to run your build of 2.8 on my Mac and (after opening the DMG and moving it to my Applications folder) it failed with "“Mnemosyne.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

Thanks,
Gabrielle

de...@callysto.com

Jun 21, 2022, 1:02:17 AM (8 days ago) Jun 21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Thank you!! Good to hear you can reproduce it. Sounds like 2.8 and 2.9 are broken.

Unfortunately I'm not able to work on this for the next few weeks. I will aim to work on this in late July.