Syncing error

siem...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2021, 11:29:38 AM2/1/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi,

I'm trying to sync memorise to my android tablet but it keeps freezing at about half way and it gives me this error 103. What does it mean and how can I solve it?
Screenshot_20210201-180211_Mnemosyne.jpg

Peter Bienstman

Feb 1, 2021, 12:56:22 PM2/1/21
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is this the initial sync and do you have a lot of media files? If so, your device might go to sleep during the sync. Try increasing the sleep timeout for Android or tap the screen from time to time to keep it awake.

Cheers,

Peter

On Mon, 1 Feb 2021, 17:29 siem...@gmail.com, <siem...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to sync memorise to my android tablet but it keeps freezing at about half way and it gives me this error 103. What does it mean and how can I solve it?

Siemkutee S

Feb 1, 2021, 1:36:14 PM2/1/21
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes, it's the initial sync, I have around 6000 cards (4000 of my own and 2000 imported from anki). The device itself would be still on during the sync but the sync stops at most at 39% (I've tried several times, a few it didn't sync at all and was showing 0%, a few it went to 2%) and then gives me the error shown in the snapshot.

Peter Bienstman

Feb 1, 2021, 3:09:26 PM2/1/21
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Is your wifi reliable? That could also cause this...

Peter

Siemkutee S

Feb 2, 2021, 6:08:08 AM2/2/21
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for your help. I have set both my laptop and my tablet on my 4g instead of the regular wifi and I was finally able to sync it! However, I did have to try several times, as the first few syncs still failed. So if anyone else has the same problem and switches to data, just try a few times and it should work. Once again, thank you so much for this app/program and for your quick and helpful responses.

Monika Sugimoto

Mar 8, 2021, 12:45:45 AM3/8/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hello, I am also having a syncing error. I would like to sync my Mnemosyne (iMac) with my laptop at home, but I am receiving an error message: Server not found. Any good ideas for that problem? Thanks in advance!Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-08 um 10.32.03.png

Peter Bienstman

Mar 8, 2021, 12:48:38 AM3/8/21
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Have you tried the troubleshooting tips here?

https://mnemosyne-proj.org/help/syncing

Cheers,

Peter