Android Sync issue: wrong username or password

Javier

Mar 14, 2022, 8:40:09 AM3/14/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi,
I've been trying to sync but get wrong username or password on the Android app.

On the desktop, I see a window pop in and out of existence in a flash. From this I understand that the programs can actually talk but there's some problem.

I tried hard to make sure that credentials are the same. I'm certain they are.

I failed to get a debug log on the desktop.

Any pointers?

Best regards,
Javier

Peter Bienstman

Mar 14, 2022, 11:10:27 AM3/14/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Did you by any chance try to set the password by directly editing the configuration file of the server? Don't do this, because the file stores a hash of the password, not the password itself.

Peter

Javier

Mar 14, 2022, 4:41:08 PM3/14/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
No, I used the UI.

Peter Bienstman

Mar 14, 2022, 4:43:50 PM3/14/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Apart from checking username and password again, perhaps your phone's keyboard automatically inserts some extra spaces at the end of words?

Peter