2.9 - Android - Export Database

Angelika

Aug 27, 2022, 6:55:43 AM8/27/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi Peter,

I know, it's go***'s fault, that there's no possibiity to access default.db on an Android phone anymore. 'Export Database' is a good work around.

one problem left:

my children used the 'default media' folder also as 'knowledge base' and were used to directly access (view, play, hear, ...) single media-files. now this folder seems to be hidden, too.

is/will be there any possibility to access these files (again)? Or do I have to copy it manually on each phone?

wbrgs
Angelika

Peter Bienstman

Aug 27, 2022, 9:49:24 AM8/27/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Afraid not... A couple of years ago, Google wanted to tighten the security so that apps could no longer access each other's data. There's an option to use shared storage, but that comes at significant performance overhead, so I didn't want to go that route...

Peter