Mock Exam Mode?

David Schuler

Feb 6, 2022, 9:27:49 PM2/6/22
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com

Has anyone developed a method of setting up a "mock exam" mode using the Mnemosyne database?

Specifically I would like to be able to take either a Saved Set of cards, or one or more card categories and then specify the number of random cards to select, and a time limit (eg.  65 cards / 90 minute time limit from Set "A"), keep track of pass/fail score, and stop and report when the time limit is reached.  A timer would be displayed, perhaps in the header or footer.

This is kind of similar to the Cram All Cards mode, but it is more focused by selecting just a set number of random cards, and with an explicit (hard) time limit.

Thoughts?  Has anyone already tried to implement such a mode?

THANKS
Dave Schuler

Peter Bienstman

Feb 7, 2022, 12:28:29 AM2/7/22
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I'm afraid this is not on my todo list. I'm personally not a big fan of graded vocabulary tests, but of course someone else could still implement this as a plugin.

Cheers,

Peter