Black screen on Debian Buster (with PyOpengl installed)

Jan Pytlewski

May 24, 2021, 8:54:49 AMMay 24
to mnemosyne-proj-users

Hello, when I start menmosyne I cannot see anything in window, it's all black. I have installed PyOpengl. Mnemosyne was installed from source and from Debian repo, and have same issue with both.
I have included file with stderr. Can anyone help me please?

log

Peter Bienstman

May 24, 2021, 8:57:29 AMMay 24
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Try installing openGL with

sudo pip install PyOpenGL PyOpenGL_accelerate

There have also been reports that the open source nVidia drivers are buggy and could cause crashes...

Hope this helps,

Peter

Jan Pytlewski

May 24, 2021, 10:07:25 AMMay 24
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Thanks for response, unfortunately it didn't worked. I do not use Nvidia GPU at all, I'm using integrated Intel GPU. could it cause some problems?
Output of xrandr --listproviders:
Providers: number : 1
Provider 0: id: 0x44 cap: 0xb, Source Output, Sink Output, Sink Offload crtcs: 3 outputs: 2 associated providers: 0 name:Intel

Jan

Peter Bienstman

May 24, 2021, 10:52:02 AMMay 24
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I'm afraid I'm at the end of my Debian knowledge here. What I suggest you do is not install from source, but from the Debian package, and if that does not work, open a bug report with Debian itself, so that their package managers can take a look at it. (I don't create the packages for the different distributions...)

Peter