Is there a way to run mnemosyne on macos from code ?

Siew Kam Onn

Mar 6, 2021, 7:20:00 AM3/6/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
After using this on MacOS for many years without issue, today it would not open for me.

Traceback (innermost last):
File "mnemosyne/pyqt_ui/mnemosyne",line
262, in <module>
File "mnemosyne/libmnemosyne/
__init__-py" ,line 193 , in initialise
File "mnemosyne/libmnemosyne/
__init__-py" ,line 282,in
activate_components
File "mnemosyne/libmnemosyne/
logger.py", line 23, in activate
File "mnemosyne/libmnemosyne/
logger.py" ,line 186, in archive_old_log
File "mnemosyne/libmnemosyne/
logger.py", line 166, in
log_index_of_last_upload
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base
10: '00108 (1)'

I would like to look into the code and see how to fix this.
Is there a way to run mnemosyne from code?

Peter Bienstman

Mar 6, 2021, 7:25:32 AM3/6/21
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In your Mnemosyne data directory, there is a folder 'history'. There is a file which should not be there, with a filename containing '00108 (1)'. Delete it and you should be fine.

Cheers,

Peter

Siew Kam Onn

Mar 8, 2021, 5:44:31 AM3/8/21
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Thanks.
I followed your advice and it did fix the issue.