Re: Desert Sun readers on gun control and what liberals have to say these days

1 view

Saint Paul

May 7, 2022, 12:35:02 AM5/7/22
In article <37c66c4b-2483-4e5a-b73c-
328c30...@googlegroups.com>
Trump Fucked Up Liberals <soll...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tanks patrolling streets, looting, insurrectionists

Authorize the boys with shotguns in pickup trucks to clean it up.

Liberalism will be converted or eliminated in a week.

Gun data matters little when an intruder is in your home
Re: "What was missing from column on gun rights" (Letter, May 1):

David Levine writes that guns are bought at gun shows and
elsewhere without background checks.

Not in California. It, like some other states, requires all
firearms transactions be through a licensed dealer. Immediate
family transfers are the exception in California, but such
transfers of handguns must be reported to the state Department
of Justice, which determines lawfulness. Persons doing otherwise
are criminals.

Also, data is of little concern when facing an immediate threat.
I know that scenario. We and two friends — all senior citizens —
were accosted in our home by a young man obviously “disturbed.”
We could hear the sirens responding to our 911 call, but the
situation was deteriorating rapidly. Availability of a firearm
ended the threat and secured our safety.

Such action carries grave responsibility which should be
acknowledged when considering a firearm for self defense. The
intruder survived and has a court date.

Charles Stebbins, Cathedral City

My liberal friends are awfully quiet lately
Being somewhat conservative (although not a Trump supporter), I
feel that I have found a silver lining in the Biden presidency:
My liberal friends and relatives have gone silent.

No more political discussions, debates or harangues. Politics is
a strange hobby and, of course, it is easier to be on the attack
than on defense. However, I don’t hear much of “You know, the
country really needs and can afford Build Back Better.” Or “I
really like the way Biden is handling the economy.” Or “The
border situation has really changed for the better since Biden
took office.”

My liberal friends keep a low profile when “The Squad” dominates
the news, and I have

not heard Kamala Harris’ name pass their lips. Small favors, but
a welcome respite.

Paul Seideman, Rancho Mirage

This article originally appeared on Palm Springs Desert Sun:
Desert Sun letters to the editor for May 4

https://news.yahoo.com/desert-sun-readers-gun-control-
185510866.html

Saint Paul

May 19, 2022, 1:45:03 AM5/19/22