DSP experiments

Bob Liesen

Aug 31, 2021, 1:11:42 PM8/31/21
to mn-...@googlegroups.com
Hi gang,
  I'm looking to learn more about DSP.  I have been poking around looking for a development board that would allow some flexibility in trying different things with audio and perhaps low freq RF.  Clearly, it would be used in ham related projects, as opposed to automotive, medical etc.
  Between the matrix of manufactures, uPs, price, availability etc., my head is spinning.😱
 Can anyone suggest a unit that might fit the description above and not cost hundreds of dollars >and< be available now?

Tnx!
Bob  WB0POQ

Julian Opificius/N4JO

Aug 31, 2021, 1:18:08 PM8/31/21
to Minnesota Amateur Radio Technical Society Discussion
Check out the Teensy series -of ARMS products: at the top of the list, the 4.1 is blistering fast, and is a gross overkill for ham applications.

I' m developing a digital AGC mod for the QRP-Labs QCX series based on a digital delay concept using a Teensy 3.2. I'll be adding digital filtering to it. Even the Teensy 3.2 is more than enough for such tasks.
If you're familiar with the world of Arduino, an know the IDE, you'll be happy to know that there is an add-on that lets you program the Teensy from the Arduino IDE.