Information for the MN Convention 10/5/2024

Chuck Stroud

Jun 26, 2024, 8:22:20 AMJun 26
to MN-ARTS

Received this information, so I'm passing it along.  I'm sure someone in this group could present something.

thanks,

73 de chuck ka8hde

The 2024 North Star Radio Convention is coming on October 5th, 2024 to the Hennepin Technical College (North Campus) in Brooklyn Park Minnesota.

We’re on the lookout for speakers on a diverse range of topics. Whether you have knowledge to share on antenna design, DXing, emergency communications, or any other aspect of amateur radio, we want to hear from you!

Who Should Apply

We believe everyone has valuable skills and experiences to share, whether you’re new to ham radio or an experienced operator.

Topics

We welcome talks on anything of interest to the general amateur radio community, including but not limited to:

                • Parks on the Air and other types of portable operations

                • Antenna design and construction

                • Grounding and bonding

                • DXpedition experiences

                • Digital modes, CW, and beyond

                • Finding and mentoring the next generation of hams

Presentation Formats

This year, we’re introducing two ways to get involved:

Option 1 – Presentation: This format gives each presenter about 50 minutes for introductions, their presentation, and a question and answer period. You can choose to give a formal talk or make it interactive. We’ll provide a computer with PowerPoint, a projector, and a sound system. Topics can range from portable operations to antenna design and beyond.

Option 2 – Skill Workshops: New this year, workshop sessions up to three hours allow for deeper exploration of a topic. We encourage hands-on activities and small-group engagement. For example, you might participate in an antenna design-and-build session using software like EZNEC, followed by practical fabrication and testing. Alternatively, learn about digital mode fundamentals in a seminar setting, with opportunities for hands-on practice. Your imagination is the limit!

Coaching and Mentorship Available

Whether you’re a seasoned presenter or new to public speaking, we offer coaching and mentorship to help shape your presentation. We’re here to support you every step of the way. If you’re interested or have suggestions for other topics, please contact Steve Horejsi (KEØVDC) at shore...@gmail.com or 651-260-9752.

We’re excited about these opportunities and hope you are, too!

You can register here https://northstarradio.org/speaker-registration/  or contact me directly.

73                                          -=[ Steve ]=-                                   KE0VDC