Install problem

Barry Crutchley

Sep 15, 2023, 8:39:02 AM9/15/23
to mmug...@googlegroups.com
I bought a Home and Student Office 2021 bundle, it will download but not install.
I am told, 'it is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the bin'. I've downloaded it several times but each time I try to install I get the same message.
Any ideas would be helpful.

Sent from Outlook

Rick Squires

Sep 15, 2023, 8:57:35 AM9/15/23
to mmug...@googlegroups.com
Try rightclicking it. Then open. If you’re sure it’s kosher of course. Did you get the correct version(intel or Apple silicon)?  Doesn’t matter that much if it’s intel as you can always use Rosetta to run it on Apple silicon(if you’ve not downloaded Rosetta yet that may be why the installer won’t run if you’re trying to run intel on an Apple Si Mac)

Sent from my iPad

On 15 Sep 2023, at 13:39, Barry Crutchley <barrycr...@hotmail.com> wrote:

MMUG is an  Apple User Group.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "MMUG Chat" group. To post to the group, send email to mmug...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe, send email to mmug-chat-...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mmug-chat. Please note that what you post to the list is publicly readable by anyone and regularly indexed by search engines.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MMUG Chat" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mmug-chat/DB9P195MB12103A281F1A048A067CA007DEF6A%40DB9P195MB1210.EURP195.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

Barry Crutchley

Sep 15, 2023, 12:25:56 PM9/15/23
to mmug...@googlegroups.com
Rick, you are a star. Despite hours on the telephone to Apple Support no one said “right click” when installing!
Thought I was going mad.
Thanks again
Barry

Sent from my iPhone