Repair recommendation

Alasdair Lawrance

May 26, 2024, 9:53:44 AMMay 26
to mmug...@googlegroups.com, Mr Alasdair Lawrance
A little while ago, I asked for suggestions about replacing the battery in a very old iPod Mini.

One such was We Fix Macs in the Custard Factory in Digbeth. The last time I was there, it was all pretty run down, but some serious money has been spent and it is now very presentable.

I contacted Kevin, who said without hesitation, that yes, he could and would do the job assuming a decent battery could be sourced.

(I had looked at the iFixit site and decided it was well beyond me by about step 5 - have a look!)

Anyway, that all went well and the job was done, in good time and reasonable cost.

In the meantime, my original iPad had refused to play nice, and only went as far as the Home screen.   An Apple Genius said they could look at it, but said it was possible 'It wouldn't work' or that whatever they did 'might brick it'.  They also said they didn't know if they had a 32 pin connector lead, "But I'll go and see if I can find one...."

When I went to collect the iPod I took the iPad in, Kevin took one look and said, "Yes I can fix that, leave it with me, I'm a bit busy".  More aware of electronic waste than Tim Cooke, obviously.....

So that's the recommendation, and Kevin may well join MMUG, the first new member for a while, I wager!

Alasdair Lawrance
alawr...@me.com

Don’t blame me, I voted Remain.