Time Machine

net

Apr 1, 2023, 4:46:02 AM4/1/23
to Mmug
Hi
I am running my MBP 2014 on Big Sur with a WD My Passport Pro external drive 1TB. The latter has been fine since new ( also 2014) and provided a dual disc one to store large files and the other as Time Machine. Now Time Machine hs suddenly stopped working  as I get a msg “Back up Disc not available” . However the WD is is connected with thunderbolt and running for the storage volume.

Just done latest BigSur update and problem is still there.
If the solution is to replace the drive, does anyone recommend a good but affordable ( 1-2 TB is fine) drive again with 2 volumes. I do like Time M/c as its saved my a** a number of times.
Could I also just get a second drive for the Time m/c, leaving the old working just for the storage
Thanks
Jack

Dilip Rathod - Native Systems Ltd

Apr 1, 2023, 9:41:35 AM4/1/23
to MMUG

Hi Jack,

My preference is LaCie RuggedDrives for Hard Disk Drives and Micron/Crucial for Solid State Drives.

https://www.lacie.com/gb/en/

https://uk.crucial.com

Dilip.

Dilip Rathod – Apple Certified Support Professional

Native Systems Ltd - Phone Solihull 0121 743 0875

http://www.nativesystems.co.uk/

id:image001.jpg@01D2AA04.B004C760

MMUG is an  Apple User Group.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "MMUG Chat" group. To post to the group, send email to mmug...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe, send email to mmug-chat-...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mmug-chat. Please note that what you post to the list is publicly readable by anyone and regularly indexed by search engines.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MMUG Chat" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mmug-chat/631053AF-D007-430E-BA8A-D7B27420F58D%40jackmoore.net.