Preparation for placements

Debraj Ghosal

Oct 29, 2013, 2:11:50 PM10/29/13
to mms-ib...@googlegroups.com, Tanmay Pawar, Anshul Dashore, Avinash Modi, Moiz Shujaee
Dear MMS students,
                                Wish you all a very happy Diwali. Enjoy the festival of lights with family and friends.

Also in the vacation prepare well for your placements. Some of my suggestions for the same--

1. Glance through the notes and key articles of different subjects learned till 3rd Sem

2. Read one book -as many a times you are asked a book recently read by you and its contents

3. Once you know a company is coming for campus try to know as much as possible about the company ---from company website, if the company has visited any other B school recently then ask your friends in that B school about the selection process,type of question asked etc,from SIMSR alumni working in that company

 Also i heard that some of the automobile companies like Tata motors and Mahindra may visit SIMSR this year ,so if you want to know anything specific about these companies feel free to contact me over email.

best regards
Prof Debraj Ghosal

Avi Modi

Oct 29, 2013, 2:39:58 PM10/29/13
to Debraj Ghosal, mms-ib...@googlegroups.com, Tanmay Pawar, Anshul Dashore, Moiz Shujaee
Dear sir,

The Entire MMS batch wishes you and your family a very happy Diwali.

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs for the coming placement processes.

We definitely look forward to your insights into the specifics about these automobile companies and thank you for encouraging and permitting us to contact you for the same.
--
Regards,

Avinash Modi,
MMS-HR (2012-2014),
Member, Humanist- HR Committee of SIMSR
K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research,
Mumbai.

Debraj Ghosal

Nov 2, 2013, 5:25:09 AM11/2/13
to mms-ib...@googlegroups.com, Tanmay Pawar, Anshul Dashore, Moiz Shujaee, Avi Modi
Dear MMS students,

                                     I have been receiving many emails from students on how to prepare for Tata motors interview on campus. Some of my suggestions for TML preparation ---
1.Go though website of co and last annual report
2.In sales --profile would be mostly dealer management so focus on 2P's -Place (distribution) and Promotion
3.Visit a few car dealers pretending as a potential customer and understand the product USP's , promotion schemes,financing options etc
4.Stress on ethics,new product ideas for auto in your interview

All the best.

Prof Debraj Ghosal