From AFSC's note taker: Continuing Feedback to MMM PSC

kirby urner

Mar 5, 2015, 7:32:50 PM3/5/15
to MMM-PSC

Marty, feel free to archive your notes / minutes here too if you want to.

I'm thinking PSCC might want to have that here, but we can wait for the final draft maybe.

Continuing with my AFSC News

The annual Corporation Meeting is off to a good start but snow storm meant canceling the opening evening event and going straight to business, with Sheena organizing a van from the Sheraton (a few blocks away but in weather like that...).

Carol and I, who have been going in past years, are relieved to be on the sidelines this year.

I stay in communication with NPYM YMAs, as a West Region Liaison.

Good job the Lucy Duncan et al.

Kirby

Mar 6, 2015, 1:34:24 AM3/6/15
to mmm...@googlegroups.com
EXHIBIT:
Off to a Snowy Start
;
AFSC Corporation Meeting, 2015

From: Sheena Hendon <SHe...@afsc.org>
Date: Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:00 AM
Subject: Hotel Shuttle Service + Cancellation Guidelines
To: Sheena Hendon <SHe...@afsc.org>

Friends,

AFSC has arranged for limited shuttle service from the Sheraton Hotel to Friends Center Friday morning. The shuttle will accommodate only 20 people. We encourage you to reserve the seats on the shuttle for those who have special needs or who are not able to navigate the snow. Friends Center will be working hard to be sure the pavements are cleared and manageable for those of us who will be walking over from the hotels.

Additionally, if you need to cancel your hotel reservation, 24hr advance notice is required or a fee equivalent to one room night is incurred by AFSC.  Please email ASAP if you will be unable to make it to Philadelphia this weekend. Additionally, those who made travel reservations through MTS will need to cancel directly with them to avoid fees.

Thank you for your attention to these very important matters.

Safe travels for all!

Sheena Hendon

Assistant to the General Secretary
American Friends Service Committee (AFSC)

1501 Cherry Street

Philadelphia, PA 19102

p: 215-241-7104
f:  215-241-7282
she...@afsc.org

List Owner

Mar 6, 2015, 10:59:36 AM3/6/15
to mmm...@googlegroups.com

I would say "Thanks to Marty for taking minutes" as he was doing minutes (I was doing notes for AFSC) and Debbie was clerking.

Attendance:

Members:  Deborah Averill (clerking), David Chandler, Marty Crouch (minutes), Ron Marson;
Visitors: Lucinda Hites­Clabaugh, Rhys Scholes, Rick Seifert, Carl Thatcher, Kirby Urner.

FYI, the NPYM IT Committee is using the vocabulary:  Member / Interested Party (versus Member / Visitor).

"Interested Party" sounds far less transient and in point of fact some of our IPs are far more active and vested than our nominal Committee Members (see slate).

Kirby

Note:  we also have the "dev team" category which is a position that bills or donates in kind services in the form of actual development work.  We have very few Friends doing that in NPYM.  More expected.