Week 7: Final Query

List Owner

Mar 3, 2015, 4:27:08 PM3/3/15
to mmm...@googlegroups.com

Share a word, phrase, story or spiritual practice that speaks to you.

Reflections on our time together. Was spirit served?

What would have been helpful regarding the discussion guide, format or physical arrangements?

Default Identity

Mar 3, 2015, 4:32:51 PM3/3/15
to mmm...@googlegroups.com
The word "experimental" comes to mind. Friends were
fortunate to inherit that empirically minded spirit
that makes science possible and "know experimentally"
which means "open to feedback" (for one thing).

To have made up one's mind in advance is the opposite
of Friend-friendly. That's like preparing a little
speech before Meeting for Worship and holding your
listeners hostage while you preach a canned speech
from your soap box, nothing spontaneous, nothing "of
the Spirit". Rehearsed. Shallow.

We did not require physical meeting space for this
QR2 Program experiment (hosted in tandem with PSCC
committee rebooting, after a long hiatus). We did
require Google services and I think they proved quite
adequate. I didn't try all the settings. No need to
moderate and send back for revisions or whatever some
moderators do.

The Meeting may now study this example and decide if
there's any point having listservs for committee work.
My objective was to role model a listserv for PSCC,
showing how it lets people opt in to have discussions,
from when flows an archived organizational memory.
Pretty sweet!

Kirby
(from test subscriber account on RiseUp)