success story

Tom Boland

Jul 1, 2011, 8:45:24 AM7/1/11
to mmm-...@googlegroups.com
I'm using MMM on a few of our database servers, most importantly, 2 pairs of
16 CPU core, 32GB RAM, RAID 10 machines that serve our mail platform of 1.7
million users, and our DNS platform, also serving even more customers hosted
domains. I haven't heard a single whisper from these clusters in over 2
years. We had a network issue last week that caused mysql to fail over
multiple times in the course of an hour, and it didn't appear that it caused
any impact on our customers whatsoever, so I just wanted to say thank you,
and to let you know that when it comes down to it, mysql-mmm does exactly
what it needs to, when you need it to, unlike so many other so called robust
failover solutions that I've had the misfortune of dealing with (commercial
ones too)!

Thanks again. Tom.

Arjen Lentz

Jul 1, 2011, 11:41:11 PM7/1/11
to mmm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom

Good to hear.

MMM is by no means perfect, like any tool it has many flaws and needs to be understood to be used in a somewhat safe manner. No different from anything else (including MySQL itself).
But I do reckon it does a very decent job, as long as you keep the aforementioned in mind.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Remote expertise & maintenance for MySQL/MariaDB server environments.

Follow us at http://openquery.com/blog/ & http://twitter.com/openquery