mmm for slave farm

Jacky Shu

Dec 15, 2011, 9:52:30 AM12/15/11
to MySQL Multi Master Manager Development
All,

I want to build a mysql slave farm (no master included), which has
load balance, fail over. I was wondering anybody use mmm for it. Any
suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Jacky

Istvan Podor

Dec 15, 2011, 10:04:05 AM12/15/11
to mmm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jacky,

I would recommend using LVS.
I gave a talk about it not long ago:

http://www.percona.com/redir/files/presentations/FROSCON2010-Keep-Your-Mysql-Backend-Online-No-matter-what.pdf

Istvan

Jacky Shu

Dec 15, 2011, 2:50:53 PM12/15/11
to MySQL Multi Master Manager Development
Thanks Istvan,

So did you suggest use mmm? Sorry, I'm a bit lost. I want to limit
mmm on load balance, and manual failover virtual ip between slaves. It
seems risky to switch masters automatically.

On Dec 15, 10:04 am, Istvan Podor <istvan.po...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jacky,
>
> I would recommend using LVS.
> I gave a talk about it not long ago:
>

> http://www.percona.com/redir/files/presentations/FROSCON2010-Keep-You...

Istvan Podor

Dec 16, 2011, 2:07:56 AM12/16/11
to mmm-...@googlegroups.com
Jacky,

if you read my email, you can see I recommend LVS. you can see in the PDF I linked what I mean by that. That doesn't need MMM to be placed, that's of what you asked. Load balance reads between slaves.

Istvan