Female Goth Mangaka Blog Carnival

Foxy Lady Ayame

Sep 1, 2014, 4:12:07 PM9/1/14
to mmf...@googlegroups.com
Hello, everyone!

Although MMF is hard to revive, I'd like to host a seperate blog carnival in January for 1-2 weeks about female goth mangaka, namely Mitsukazu Mihara, Kusumoto Maki, Junko Mizuno, Asumiko Nakamura & Fujiwara Kaoru. Please anyone interested in contributing a piece let me know.

Here's a list of what's available officially in English:

Mitsukazu Mihara:
The Embalmer
Doll
Beautiful People
IC in a Sunflower
Requiem in Phonybrian
Haunted House
> Some available here by Tokyopop

Junko Mizuno:
Princess Mermaid
Hansel & Gretel
Cinderella
Hell Babies
Pure Trance
Little Fluffy Gigolo Pelu
Some available here by VIZ

Kusumoto Maki:
Dolis by Tokyopop

Asumiko Nakamura:
Utsubora by Vertical
Chicken Club by DMG (buy it here)
also by DMG: Double Mints and Classmates
but these aren't gothic in any way

Fujiwara Kaoru:
If You Wanna Destroy The World (by JManga)

Organization Asg

Sep 13, 2014, 12:11:13 AM9/13/14
to mmf...@googlegroups.com
I'll see if I can get an article or two up in January. Just set a date though! Would be great if we can revive MMF somehow.

-Justin

Note: of course, JManga no longer exists...

Organization Anti-Social Geniuses

Foxy Lady Ayame

Sep 13, 2014, 6:40:25 AM9/13/14
to mmf...@googlegroups.com
Yes I know it doesn't exist anymore and so does tokyopop, I'm just justifying my suggestion coz there was an English licence on certain titles and I want to give people the chance to write about them.

Would the second half of January be OK?