[MCX Newsletters] MCX Speed Challenge, GPU Contest, Postdoc opening and OSA BIOMED

1 view

Qianqian Fang

Apr 27, 2016, 12:10:38 PM4/27/16
to mcx-...@googlegroups.com, mmc-...@googlegroups.com, mcx-...@googlegroups.com, mmc-...@googlegroups.com, Prof. David Kaeli, Xavier Intes, Fanny Nina Paravecino, Leiming Yu, Ruoyang Yao
Dear colleagues,

Sorry for spamming again.

I'd like to use the opportunity to make a few additional announcements,
as part of the MCX v2016.4 launch.

First, as some of you have seen, MCX now has a new domain name and
website:

http://mcx.space

The new website exercises a modern and intuitive design (built on
slideme2 and JSON). We included the step-by-step installation and
usage guidance on the "Docs" page: http://mcx.space/#documentation
The old website can still be accessed by hoving the "MORE..." menu
on the top right and click on the Wiki (http://mcx.sf.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi).

Secondly, I would like to announce "MCX Speed Challenge" -  an attempt
to gain community involvement through a crowd-sourcing approach.
The details of the Challenge can be found at

http://mcx.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?MCXSpeedChallenge

In short, we offer cash awards for anyone who can improve MCX
simulation speed significantly (50% or more). You are free to explore
new Monte Carlo algorithms, ray-tracing method, GPU programming,
GPU architecture etc.

Thirdly, we invite users to participate our "MCX GPU Benchmark/Contest".
You only need to run a simple MATLAB script with MCXLAB. This script
will run a set of standard benchmarks on your GPU hardware and
submit to our website:

http://mcx.space/gpubench/

As you can see form the already submitted benchmark data, this website
provides a comprehensive comparisons between different GPUs as well as
to give users a guidance on what hardware to purchase to benefit
maximally MCX.

Lastly, my lab is still looking for a strong Postdoc with experience
on optical imaging, image reconstruction algorithms, data analysis and
testing (with additional instrumentation experience is a plus).

I am currently attending the OSA BIOMED 2016 conference at Ford Lauderdale.
I will be here until Thursday evening (my talk is at 5:00PM on Thursday, CTh4A.4).
If you are interested in this position, feel free to chat with me.

Also, feel free to forward to any colleague who might be interested.

Qianqian