[MCX Newsletters] Announcing the 1st Workshop on Monte Carlo eXtreme for Biomedical Optics Research (MCX'17)

1 view

Qianqian Fang

Jul 8, 2017, 12:16:14 AM7/8/17
to mcx-...@googlegroups.com, mmc-...@googlegroups.com, mcx-...@googlegroups.com, mmc-...@googlegroups.com
Dear users,

The MCX/MMC developer team is pleased to announce our first software training
workshop for MCX/MMC. This workshop will be held on August 8-9 (one month
from today) at Northeastern University's Boston campus. There is no registration fee,
and the event is open to every existing or prospective MCX/MMC user.

A tentative agenda for this 1.5-day workshop can be found on this page:

http://mcx.sf.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?Workshop/MCX17

In this workshop, we will give step-by-step demonstration on how to use
mcx/mmc/iso2mesh for modeling complex biological tissues. You will learn
how to properly define the media/tissue anatomies, set the sources/detectors,
use command options and visualize the results. We will also give hands-on
sessions to walk you through each of the tools we are developing
(mcx/mmc/mcxlab/mmclab/mcx studio/mcxcl/iso2mesh ...). A special session
on creating accurate 3D brain/full head meshes will also be given.

Please be aware that we have limited seating (up to 45 participants) and limited
funding for assisting lodging needs for the participants. So, if you are interested in
joining this event, I encourage you to register ASAP. A simple registration form can
be filled out online at

https://goo.gl/8obNyx

Although we could not promise, we may be able to cover part of the parking cost
for some of the participants, but it really depends on how many people register
and how many have parking needs.

On the afternoon of Aug. 9th, the developer team is available for individual
user discussions for troubleshooting and collaborations. If this is something
you have in mind, please email me ahead of the event to schedule a time slot.

For those of you who have difficult traveling or have conflict, I want to let you know
that we will organize more of these training workshops in future conferences (such
as OSA or SPIE). In addition, the presentation slides and screencasts will be made
available and posted on our website (http://mcx.space).

For those of you who plan to join this event, I look forward to seeing you in Boston
next month!

Qianqian