MMBase.org stats

Jacobjob Koster

Nov 11, 2010, 4:14:09 AM11/11/10
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Since a few weeks, we parse the log files and generate web statistics
from it by webalizer. You can check out how many visitors we have at our
server.

Statistics for mmbase.org website
http://www.mmbase.org/webalizer/

Statistics for mmbase.org SVN
http://www.mmbase.org/webalizer-svn/

Since our DNS is not maintained by the main developers, it is hard to
add more sub domains, to split the Jira, ViewVC, Maven repositories from
the normal website stats. Otherwise we would have done that.

Check the origin of our visitors of November:
http://www.mmbase.org/webalizer/ctry_usage_201011.png

In November, we have an average of 1,4GB traffic per day :)

Jacobjob

Kees Jongenburger

Nov 11, 2010, 4:11:27 PM11/11/10
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Jacobjob Koster <jaco...@finalist.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Since a few weeks, we parse the log files and generate web statistics from
> it by webalizer. You can check out how many visitors we have at our server.

Nice,

> http://www.mmbase.org/webalizer/

> In November, we have an average of 1,4GB traffic per day :)

I had a quick look at the stats and it looks like a lot of traffic is
cause by search bots for example in October:
http://www.mmbase.org/webalizer/usage_201010.html
Top two sites visiting are booth google and account for 45% of the traffic
45% of the traffic is due to downloads of the MMBaseCloud and
MMBaseInstallation instruction videos. Should that be put on youtube?
The top 7 of user agents in terms of hit count are also bots.

I have no data to compare with so I don't know if these are normal figures.

Greetings

André van Toly

Nov 12, 2010, 8:47:54 AM11/12/10
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Op 11 nov 2010, om 22:11 heeft Kees Jongenburger het volgende geschreven:

YouTube has a 15 min. max. I'll put them someday in mmbase streams and media application. Bit ancient videos though. I''ve started a new slimmed down version of the site http://scm.mmbase.org/view/mmweb/trunk/ but it's not quite finished yet. Been busy with other stuff.

> The top 7 of user agents in terms of hit count are also bots.
>
> I have no data to compare with so I don't know if these are normal figures.

Oh wel. Google analytics - not in every page of course - counts more or less unique a 1000 visits a month and 3000 pages.

---André

--
André van Toly
web http://www.toly.nl mobile +31(0)627233562