Using webservices in combination with MMBase

1 vista
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

aschwin

no leída,
15 dic 2010, 2:43:55 a.m.15/12/10
para mmbase-discuss
hi,

in a project which is starting now our client wants to use different
types of devices to communicate our MMBase application. Thet want to
use an Iphone or IPad to modify data which are stored in our database.
The project also has an webapp , built in JSP and using the MMBase
taglib. This webapp is leading.
An external party will create the IPod/IPad gui. They stated that the
best way (only) for this app to communicate with MMBase is through use
of webservices.
We not very experienced in using services , so my question is ;
- where to start?
- what are things to think of?
- do some of you guys have done a thing like this before?

regards Aschwin

André van Toly

no leída,
15 dic 2010, 2:52:16 a.m.15/12/10
para mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Open Images f.e. has so called 'web services' http://www.openbeelden.nl/api
An Atom RSS feed and most important a OAI-PMH feed http://www.openbeelden.nl/feeds/oai/?verb=Identify which is f.e. used by MediaWiki and also in an iPhone application http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=393876266&mt=8&affId=1380330
The source can be found at http://scm.mmbase.org/view/openimages/trunk/src/main/webapp/feeds/

---André

--
André van Toly
web http://www.toly.nl mobile +31(0)627233562

Kees Jongenburger

no leída,
15 dic 2010, 3:49:37 a.m.15/12/10
para mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aschwin,

Do you have specific requirements for offline storage or do you want a
live application (that always need connectivity?)
What kind of language do you plan to use (objective-c of more the
html/javascript approach?)

Greetings

> --

Michiel Meeuwissen

no leída,
15 dic 2010, 4:21:01 a.m.15/12/10
para mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
2010/12/15 aschwin <aver...@gmail.com>:

Last year I made this
https://scm.mmbase.org/speeltuin/mihxil/webservice/ Which is a simple
framework to expose information from MMBase (as XML or JSON) using
mmbase features such as functions and security.

But I suppose those guys are going to expect a WSDL or so. I never
came around to figure out how to best generate such a thing (perhaps
using apache cxf or so). The client I was making this for found all
that too complicated, and were content with the above.

But perhaps they are not even expecting something so fancy as wsdl,
and then you could get away with something as I did, or even with
simple feeds as Andre proposed. It depends.

Michiel

--
mihxil'  http://meeuw.org
nl_NL eo_XX en_US

Robin Vanspauwen

no leída,
15 dic 2010, 7:55:16 a.m.15/12/10
para mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I am a colleague of Aschwin and I can give some answers here...

Our customer needs to have live applications with connectivity to our CMS. In the prototype there will be some offline storage for the mobile devices but in a second phase all the mobile applications need to communicate with our CMS (i.e. MMBase); continuous contact.

We are planning to go for a html/javascript approach.

Greetings,

Robin
Responder a todos
Responder al autor